Viper 5901 with proximity and tilt sensor?

The proximity sensor only works great if you have a convertible, otherwise in a normal vehicle mounting location is key, like having it someplace hidden but only covered by thin plastic, under the dash dont work to great from what I have noticed, and the worse thing about them is if you park in a parking lot someone just walking buy could potential trigger it. Having lots of false alarms are very annoying!

The glass break sensor is a much better choice imo, then the alarm will sound just from a light high pitched tap to the glass (like bouncing a penny or dime off the window very gently).

The tilt sensor is also easy to add, it plugs in just like the prox and glass sensor, usually you can just piggy them back to back ( i thought one of the sensors has a in and a out on it for adding more sensors or a Y splitter type cable) but I do not recall at the moment. Other wise you can just splice the wires together and solder them.

Eitehr way, not long or hard, a 15-30 minute job.

Just a wee bit drunk. haha :drinks:

I already have the proximity sensor and I'm glad I have a tiny hatchback lol. I I just sit the sensor on my back seat when I get off the car and have set up both fields to my liking. it works good with my 5% tint too. I was thinking about throwing rims on my car and wanted to add the tilt sensor to what I already have. Will things still work fine splicing into the wires of the proximity sensor or is their an adapter sold for the 5901 that lets you connect more than one sensor?

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

Archived