claytronmeans Posted December 14, 2010 Report Posted December 14, 2010 Hey guys, I've got a question for you all about Kicker and their warranty. I did search, however the selections looked like a blind kid went clicking the mouse throughout the database to bring up the results. I have two kicker 12 inch comps that my buddy gave to me a while back that I managed to blow when water shorted out my amp. Have any of you all had any experience with Kickers warranty program? I'm not the first owner, however I have heard from a few people that Kicker is amazing when it comes to replacing blown subs. Has anyone done this while the subs were out of warranty? I'm hoping that I can get new ones and they can hold me off until I get my HDC3's. Thanks.
baaudio Posted December 14, 2010 Report Posted December 14, 2010 i havent had any luck warrantying anything without an original reciept. on top of that you cover your own shipping both ways. not a surprise. but for some comps you can find those for $50 per online. its worth calling them though. Team NWSPL baaudio Build Log 2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough 4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k
CaptainzPlanetz Posted December 14, 2010 Report Posted December 14, 2010 It depends on the shop, and given you are not the original owner I think you might be out of luck, I know when I got my first amp from kicker(zx.1500) One day when redoing wiring it shorted out(Was a noob back then) anyways since I got the amp from the dealer and had warrenty I gave em the amp they sent it off to kicker and Kicker sent me a brand new amp, all it cost me was 15 bucks....the amp came brand new in the box new gain knob/In line fuse/holder etc.... But in your situation I wouldnt think they would honor a warrenty, unless they are still under warrenty, and your buddy got em from an authorized dealer, and you have hime take em in. ¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ Trolls never learn............ All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls. YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS? Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.
claytronmeans Posted December 14, 2010 Author Report Posted December 14, 2010 Bummer, but I figured that that would be about the size of it. Still going to give it a shot. Hell, maybe I get lucky. Thanks
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.