Second Skin Audio

would be nice to know what kind of power your playing with, goals, vehicle and how much space your willing to loose.

This.. especially power

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

Of all the reviews I've seen, I believe the SA series would take more power then the Type Rs. I would think of the SAs to be more geared to SPL then SQ where as the Type Rs would retain a fair amount of SQ.

Price is always something that comes into play when thinking of a setup for me. Between these two choices I would run the Type Rs. It'd be well over a $100 cheaper. Which leaves more money for other upgrades and misc. things to help further improve your stereo listening experience.

Of all the reviews I've seen, I believe the SA series would take more power then the Type Rs. I would think of the SAs to be more geared to SPL then SQ where as the Type Rs would retain a fair amount of SQ.

Price is always something that comes into play when thinking of a setup for me. Between these two choices I would run the Type Rs. It'd be well over a $100 cheaper. Which leaves more money for other upgrades and misc. things to help further improve your stereo listening experience.

+1

I completely agree with all of that except for the first part. From what I have heard, from multiple people, the Sa's get louder than the R's, yet still sound better. They are pretty much just better all around.

But like he said, Money....Money....Money. You just have to take everything into perspective and look at everything your looking to accomplish.

You can not just go off of what everyone tells you. This is car audio, and until you hear both you can not understand the difference. I can guarantee half the people posting about the differences have yet to hear both subs perform in a quality enclosure.

The thread I think is done though...you've made a decision yeah? Well...hurry and do some work, lol

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?