fiberglass box build in an 07 tacoma access cab

No pictures, but I have been doing a lot of glass work lately. I will do an area maybe 5"x5" with 8-9 layers at a time and move on to a different area of the box. I'm hoping to finish glassing it tomorrow.

how did u manage all that glassing with just 3 gallons. im starting my third gallon and im only on layer 4 with alot less surface area! but my fiberglass is like super mega thick cloth so i might only do 1 more layer. btw this is gonna be sick i cant wait to see the finished product!

BUILD LINK: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112034-2-sundown-18s-98-f-150/page__p__1565972__fromsearch__1#entry1565972

98 Ford F-150
Truck:
37" superswamper tsl radials
16" ion alloy wheels
3" body lift
2" suspension lift
Offbrand brushguard
PIAA driving lights
6000K HID's
System:
2 18" Sundown Nightshaed
Aq3500
Custom Fiberglass box
fosgate T1 6x8 Coxials
bass inferno 2000 watt 4 channel
2 XS power d3100's
0 Gauge

how did u manage all that glassing with just 3 gallons. im starting my third gallon and im only on layer 4 with alot less surface area! but my fiberglass is like super mega thick cloth so i might only do 1 more layer. btw this is gonna be sick i cant wait to see the finished product!

Thanks man. It's all about using just enough resin to soak the mat. Also there are many things that you can do like after you put on a layer add another one and you will hardly have to add more resin at all. And I am on gallon number 4 now haha, I cracked it open today.

Finished glassing the box today, there are 8-12 layers. I just need to glass the inside corners where the fabric and wood meets, glass in the dowel's, do the body work, paint it, and build the trim panel and wrap that.

38594104295_large.jpg

38594104296_large.jpg

38594104297_large.jpg

38594104298_large.jpg

Archived