fiberglass box build in an 07 tacoma access cab

wow this is very similar to my build im doing its a half glass half mdf box for 2 18's both sub up and port up in my 98 f150 extended cab. plan to see a build log for mine in the next month fiberglass work is soo slowww when its 10 degrees outside!!! i've been doing like a layer a week haha really like ur build. but just curious how many gallons of resin did u use?? btw my fabric stretching came out about the same but if you roll up some mat and dip it in some resin and put it the low spots of the wrinkles itll make life alot easier in the later layers.. TRUST ME

BUILD LINK: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112034-2-sundown-18s-98-f-150/page__p__1565972__fromsearch__1#entry1565972

98 Ford F-150
Truck:
37" superswamper tsl radials
16" ion alloy wheels
3" body lift
2" suspension lift
Offbrand brushguard
PIAA driving lights
6000K HID's
System:
2 18" Sundown Nightshaed
Aq3500
Custom Fiberglass box
fosgate T1 6x8 Coxials
bass inferno 2000 watt 4 channel
2 XS power d3100's
0 Gauge

That's some nice work man! Tuned in to this :good:

Thanks!

wow this is very similar to my build im doing its a half glass half mdf box for 2 18's both sub up and port up in my 98 f150 extended cab. plan to see a build log for mine in the next month fiberglass work is soo slowww when its 10 degrees outside!!! i've been doing like a layer a week haha really like ur build. but just curious how many gallons of resin did u use?? btw my fabric stretching came out about the same but if you roll up some mat and dip it in some resin and put it the low spots of the wrinkles itll make life alot easier in the later layers.. TRUST ME

Sounds like it should be a cool project that your doing. I know what you mean about the glass not liking the cold but I have that heater that helps some haha. So far I am on my 3rd gallon of resin.

I ended up adding 4 layers of glass on the back of the side with the folded over fabric and then grinded it down smooth and duraglassed over it. On the other side I added duraglass over the wrinkles to smooth it out. Also I cut the dowel's and set in place for the vertical braces and I got the back of the molds duraglassed.

38594104280_large.jpg

38594104281_large.jpg

38594104282_large.jpg

38594104283_large.jpg

38594104284_large.jpg

38594104285_large.jpg

Archived