Hey guys, getting some HIDs from DDM here shortly, but haven't decided if I want the 10000K bulbs or 12000K bulbs. Already decided on the 55w slim ballast. And I upped the color because the 55w washes some of it out. I'll be retrofitting projectors into it once the weather gets a bit nicer.

Just wanted to get some opinions on what you guys like. Open for other ideas to, and reasons as to maybe staying with 35w ballasts.

Correction 8000k or 6000k bulbs. Looking for good light output and a slight blue hue.

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

Hey guys, getting some HIDs from DDM here shortly, but haven't decided if I want the 10000K bulbs or 12000K bulbs. Already decided on the 55w slim ballast. And I upped the color because the 55w washes some of it out. I'll be retrofitting projectors into it once the weather gets a bit nicer.

Just wanted to get some opinions on what you guys like. Open for other ideas to, and reasons as to maybe staying with 35w ballasts.

it rains where you live....using a color that blue/purple will be useless in the rain...srsly. I wouldn't use higher than 8000K, even with the 55w ballast if you're going to drive the car.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

Appreciate the advice Jay. I honestly didn't even consider that. I drive a 97 Mustang GT, and the light output on these cars is absolutely terrible. Even after upgrading to crystal clear lenses and silver stars, I saw an upgrade, but not enough to jump for joy about.

So 8000k on the bulbs, and stick with the 55w ballast or should I use the 35w?

55w 5000k

Black 2008.5 Mazda 3s Touring 5 Speed Hatchback

Tinted tails/turn indicators, blacked out emblems, partially debadged, 20% tint all around,

Big 3 in Knu KLMX 1/0, LED footwells/interior lights

DECK: Kenwood DDX-512 double DIN touchscreen with backup camera

FRONT STAGE: Stock for now, yippy (Looking for something nice...)

FRONT STAGE AMP: Looking for something nice...

SUB: 15 inch DC level 4 with level 5 coil upgrade, red dustcap

SUB AMP: Audiopipe AP15001D at 1 ohm

WIRING: All Knukoncepts Kolossus/KCA wire

LEGAL TERMLAB SCORE: 135.8db at 42hz(pathetic, I know. I need a battery in the back,

dropping to 11.9v isnt cutting it.....)

I haz teh Term-Lab. PM me if you are close and want to get metered.

55w 5000k

I had 35w 5000k before in another vehicle, and while I liked the light output, I want a little more blue hue to it, not much but more than what the 5000k/6000k had to offer.

Although in the 55w 8000k might be just right, if not possibly the 6000k. I can always buy a new kit, and retrofit the 3 wheeler to use the other ;) haha

Also I wouldnt really suggest putting HIDs in stock halogen housings, you should look into retrofitting projectors in there.

Tinted tails/turn indicators, blacked out emblems, partially debadged, 20% tint all around,

LEGAL TERMLAB SCORE: 135.8db at 42hz(pathetic, I know. I need a battery in the back,

55w 5000k

I had 35w 5000k before in another vehicle, and while I liked the light output, I want a little more blue hue to it, not much but more than what the 5000k/6000k had to offer.

Although in the 55w 8000k might be just right, if not possibly the 6000k. I can always buy a new kit, and retrofit the 3 wheeler to use the other ;) haha

Why do you want blue? There is no point in getting HIDs if you are just getting them for their color. The bluer you get, the less output you get. You might as well just spray paint your halogens with blue paint.

Also I wouldnt really suggest putting HIDs in stock halogen housings, you should look into retrofitting projectors in there.

Oh, I already am planning on it. The HIDs will on be in the halogen housings for winter. Ive seen HIDs in my aftermarket housings before and they have a decent cutoff, still they need to be adjusted lower so as to not blind oncoming drivers, but its not as bad as other vehicles.

But I've already sourced out some FX-35 projectors to use for my retrofit :)

I've done it dozens of times...there's really no issue with it unless the reflector is made for rear firing halogens (the ones with the mirror at the front of the bulb)...the mustang will be dazzling to drivers who get hit straight on, but it should be fine for driving.

using the 55w 8000k should yield a slightly blue light that won't wash out in all but the heaviest rain

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

Archived