Sonic Electronix

cuz if that wont do the speakers i will get this one? it says 12v @20 amps http://www.frys.com/product/5366448?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

or like this one..http://www.frys.com/product/3238001?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG...

this one is 300watt and the one above is 400watts about the same price.. well close anyway

Haha, to power the speakers too of course. You just can't use an external amp, that's what I meant. You could go with the 20A one if you want, but that would still only be good for a head unit. So I guess just go with either the 10A or the 20A depending on how much you want to spend. The more current available the better to a certain extent.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

ok thanks. a lot again. im going to pick up the first one, the 10a, so if i ever need to use it i can pull it down and use it as a 12v source for testing stuff. thanks again man. and i know it might sound crazy but what if i put a small cap also, would that help with the possibility of a future amp? i figure if its charged then the power will be pulled from that, i couldnt play it very loud for a long time or anything but just to add that little xtra. its just i also have an old 10 in sony xplode sub that id like to get out of my tool box lol

ok thanks. a lot again. im going to pick up the first one, the 10a, so if i ever need to use it i can pull it down and use it as a 12v source for testing stuff. thanks again man. and i know it might sound crazy but what if i put a small cap also, would that help with the possibility of a future amp? i figure if its charged then the power will be pulled from that, i couldnt play it very loud for a long time or anything but just to add that little xtra. its just i also have an old 10 in sony xplode sub that id like to get out of my tool box lol

Cool, you're welcome too.

As you may have heard on here, caps don't do much in the way of storing power when you need as much as we use here. Caps only smooth the power if you have pretty much no, or very little, voltage drop. 10A is enough only for a head unit.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

ok im about to upload a video. my dad brought home one from work thats 7a and it works really good so far. the vid will be up in like 5 minutes.

th_Video0018.jpg

click on the image and it will bring you to my photo bucket. and see it. there is no distortion at the volume i had it, i recorded this on my phone so the quality sucks but as you can see it can still be heard throughtout my house and into the basement... and still sounded good.

and here is the voltage, Photo0405.jpg

it drops .01v with the HU on and when i turned it all the way up the HU shut off lol but at that point the speakers were terribly distorted and sounded like shit so it would never be up that much.

also if someone could explain to me how to put a video from photobucket and not have to lead you to my site. can i just put it so you can view like a youtube video does?

Edited by mprete

also when i eject the cd the radio shuts off lol. im thinking the 7a is not enough to run the little motor and the radio and whatever else its doing. im not sure though. but it stays on when i put a cd in and its doing the same thing....

also when i eject the cd the radio shuts off lol. im thinking the 7a is not enough to run the little motor and the radio and whatever else its doing. im not sure though. but it stays on when i put a cd in and its doing the same thing....

Lol, that is weird. If the CD goes in fine but turns the head unit off when it comes out, it may be faulty. As you say, it is doing the same thing. Maybe if you chuck the DMM on it and see how many amps it is pulling when you eject the CD while having the radio turned up to just before distortion.