Second Skin Audio

18" in trunk.

well its not really a good idea to run subs facing up in a trunk. am i correct? i have 2 twelves subs back and port up sounds great

I understand it's not the best way to run for trunks but its the only way i can run something bigger then 12's and 12s are still a push. The trunk itself is a fair size for the size of the car but its the openings. They are so small.

your lucky, your trunk is pretty wide no homo but my trunk is 30 between the wheel wells and its a squeeze for my twelves

Yea, its really the only reason why I can fit a decent sized box. If it wasn't for width I think I would be screwed. If you could fit the 18 would you?

id probably jazz my pants if i could fit an 18 and i would definitely do it. If your facing up just make sure the sub has a few inches to "Breathe"

i say go for it

Yea I know what your saying about room to breathe and is accounted for..Thanks for the input.

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart

Alpine CDA-117

2 12" Fi Audio SSD D1

Rockford Fosgate T1000-1BD (1340RMS @ 1 ohm)

Vibe Audio LiteBox Stereo 4

Energy ENC650CV2 Component/Convertible Speakers

Knu Koncept 0 Gauge

or you could make a kickass box for 2 12s :) big port with lots of air displacement 45 degree corners.... bracing..... lots of airspace uughghghggggggghghghh :good:

haha, yea i was thinking of that but the 18 has more cone area, therefore louder on music right? A kickass box for 12's would make em slap tho and quite possibly hit lower in proper enclosures. But 18's are just badass. So if i can fit it within the proper parameters then thats what I'm doing. I'm just looking for advice wether I should do it or not.

Alpine CDA-117

2 12" Fi Audio SSD D1

Knu Koncept 0 Gauge

i have an 18" aa havoc and right now its in a sealed and it still bangs hard but will be building a ported box for it so i can get some deeper notes out of it...so i say go big or go home bro...tune that shit low

haha yeaaa. No doubt it will be ported. How is the Havoc anyways? I was looking at them and they caught my eye but never got any true feedback on them. Just a whole lot of people running their mouths.

Alpine CDA-117

2 12" Fi Audio SSD D1

Knu Koncept 0 Gauge