Upgrading a old Dorcy Reactor LED Flashlight to SST-90

I have a 6 year Old Dorcy Reactor LED Flashlight, The SST-90 LED look's like it will fit right in place of the existing unknown wattage LED. I think it's a 1w LED, It get's 3.2v on new D size batteries. Not sure witch one I ordered, He said it was a 4.2v SST-90, But it maybe a 3.7v. I should get it in the mail in like 3 or 4 weeks due to the back to back holidays. I mite need to replace that 28 Gauge wire with 18 Gauge wire so it will handle the 9A of current coming straight from the Power on switch & 9,000mAh D size batteries on eBay. For now The SST-90 would run at a lower voltage. But I mite get away with just upgrading the Old LED. I'm not going to get the 2,250 lumens that the 30w LED SST-90 is rated at, Probably more like 1,000 lumens.

dfvlfq.jpg

2wheek6.jpg

opxxu8.jpg

41hky.jpg

2cnxyzb.jpg

20p4n07.jpg

2afze4g.jpg

htwu49.jpg

dc8wp2.jpg

254v9cm.jpg

206bqs4.jpg

Edited by zZZzzzSnooze

are you sure thats 1000 lumes? i mean my 200 lume surefire looks a hell of a lot brighter then that...

are you sure thats 1000 lumes? i mean my 200 lume surefire looks a hell of a lot brighter then that...

I don't have it installed yet, That one that you see is a stock 1w LED. I said that it will take 3 to 4 weeks to get the SST-90.

By the way it is a 4.2v SST-90, so.. I canceled it & I seen this SST-90 3.2v for $55US Free shipping. That 4.2v SST-90 I canceled was only $40us Free shipping. So, The dude with the SST-90 3.2v will not accept my offer of $35US, he gave me a counter offer of $54US. Woohoo!

Edited by zZZzzzSnooze

I don't have it installed yet, That one that you see is a stock 1w LED. I said that it will take 3 to 4 weeks to get the SST-90.

By the way it is a 4.2v SST-90, so.. I canceled it & I seen this SST-90 3.2v for $55US Free shipping. That 4.2v SST-90 I canceled was only $40us Free shipping. So, The dude with the SST-90 3.2v will not accept my offer of $35US, he gave me a counter offer of $54US. Woohoo!

Sweet! Now save that $1 so you can buy condoms and prevent more crazy people like you from entering society. :peepwall:

I kid I kid. Cool though, been wanting to do stuff similar but can't find a project similar except for my car, replacing all the halo's with LED's.

POTATO!

Sweet! Now save that $1 so you can buy condoms and prevent more crazy people like you from entering society. :peepwall:

I kid I kid. Cool though, been wanting to do stuff similar but can't find a project similar except for my car, replacing all the halo's with LED's.

Is this the Off Topic thread?

idk why but i think flashlight projects are cool

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0