dleininger42 Posted December 18, 2010 Report Posted December 18, 2010 Hey I'm new here and I just had a question about my system, My system consist of 1x Kappa 0ne Infinity 800 Watt class-D Mono sub amp pushing 2 infinity kappa 12" subs 1x Kappa Four 4 channel D class amp @ 150 watts pushing my front door Kappa 50.9cs 5-1/4" two way component speakers and 2x Kappa 682.9cf (5"x7") rear door speakers The other day I noticed that I have pre-cut holes in the back of my car under the rear windshield...these were for the better factory sound system, but my car did not come with that... I was wondering if it would be a good idea to put 2 more Kappa 682.9cf (5"x7") same as my rear door speakers, and would I be able to just put them on the same channel or would I have to wire them in series with my rear door speakers. the rear speakers are 4 ohms with a power range: 2-100 watts RMS (300 watts peak power) I'm just wondering if this would would even be worth doing. Thanks
Superjay Posted December 18, 2010 Report Posted December 18, 2010 if you did, you'd wire them in parallel with the rear door speakers. Now, ask yourself this...when you listen to live music...where does it come from? in front of you or behind you? adding another pair of speakers is going to create a bias toward the rear. Those cutouts are there for factory subwoofers, not full range speakers. I would recommend against it, due to sound stage changes. If you're just looking for MORE LOUD and don't care about staging or imaging go for it. it will only cost you the price of speakers and a few feet of speaker wire. Principal JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.