Second Skin Audio

Bracing a double baffle...? Holding up progress

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Hey guys...

here is a quick question...

I'm running a 14^3ft. net enclosure with a double baffle (49"w x 34"d). The walls of the enclosure are braced using 1/2" all thread however I wanted to know if I needed to run a 2x4 from front to back to support the center of the double baffle or is it even needed since I'm using the double?

I'll be running 2 re audio sx18s on around 1.5-2k rms per driver eventually, however 1krms per for the time being.

Anyways... this is holding up progress at the moment so if someone could chime in, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

-Chris

03' Black Z71 Tahoe
3" Lift / 315/70/R17 Goodyear Duratracs
Eclipse AVN6620 Touchscreen Head Unit
Hifonics BRX3016 - 3krms @ 1ohm
2 RE Auido SX 18s - 14.5^3ft net @ 30hz w/ 200^2in. port
120hp Cummins 4bta Swap

Hey guys...

I'm running a 14^3ft. net enclosure with a double baffle (49"w x 34"d). The walls of the enclosure are braced using 1/2" all thread however I wanted to know if I needed to run a 2x4 from front to back to support the center of the double baffle or is it even needed since I'm using the double?

I'll be running 2 re audio sx18s on around 1.5-2k rms per driver eventually, however 1krms per for the time being.

Anyways... this is holding up progress at the moment so if someone could chime in, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

-Chris

i would brace it.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Hey guys...

Thanks

-Chris

i would brace it.

Of course you would. You like it stiff and sturdy. :peepwall::clapping:

POTATO!

Archived