Sonic Electronix

Amp going into protection after a few seconds

I just got a 10" type r and a 1500watt amp...i turn my key on(not starting the car) and the sub will bump until i turn my volume to 19 or 20 (out of 35) which has never been a problem with previous systems. So once the volume gets to this level the amp goes into protection mode, What could be causing this??? my ground is pretty damn good, so im pretty lost.

Thanks, Matt

is your sub wired correctly? might be wired to low....

1999 grand prix gt

kenwood x994 head unit

1/0 big 3 all shok industry single run to the back

New mid/highs coming not sure what

Soundqubed q2200d at .5 (have)

2 soundqubed hdc3 12s (have)

New box to be built.. sealed firing forward (yet to be designed)

200 amp alt not sure exact size or manufactor xs power batts

yeah, it might be wired wrong, or your voltage drops so badly that the amp protect itself!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

make sure your gain isnt cranked through the roof

2011 Subaru WRX

Rockford Fosgate T1000-4AD

(2) Sets of Rockford Fosgate T3 6.5 Components

rf2c.png

In the works:

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1bdcp

(2)DC Audio 12" XLM2

i was told my subs were wired to 4 ohms when i bought them, and come to find out it was actually giving a ~1ohm load to my amp and sending it into protect, not to mention the guy had 16 gauge wiring on 1 sub and 10 gauge wiring on the other, wasnt good at all

well i found out that the person who i got the sub from had it wired wrong lol so its wired correctly now and im bumpin, other odd thing i noticed is that the loud the volume goes up the quieter the bass is...is this due to gain possibly being to high?

Are you saying that you can feel the bass less when you turn it up higher and higher?

IDK what it's called, but at 10-20 I can feel the bass a little, then I turn it up and I have to almost max out the head unit to really feel the bump..

there is like a space in between...idk

i suck men dry...email me for details

well i found out that the person who i got the sub from had it wired wrong lol so its wired correctly now and im bumpin, other odd thing i noticed is that the loud the volume goes up the quieter the bass is...is this due to gain possibly being to high?

Are you saying that you can feel the bass less when you turn it up higher and higher?

IDK what it's called, but at 10-20 I can feel the bass a little, then I turn it up and I have to almost max out the head unit to really feel the bump..

there is like a space in between...idk

people´s waiting for you on your "waste of equipment" topic, go check it out!!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/