vortec motor loss compression

120 psi would still run.

also pull your oil cap on the valve cover.. can you feel air/pressure coming out? if so you have blowby and its mostlikely worn rings..

if you dont feel blow by then most likely its a burnt or stuck valve..

dump a quart of marvels mystery oil in the gas and fill to a half tank. drive that around tunil your on empty.. also go ahead and do a seafoam treatment slowly pour it into the brake booster line. it will wanna stall but dont let it.. then go ahead and pour it in fast until the motor dies.. let the motor sit for 20 mins and then go romp on it to clear everything out. before you restart to drive pour the remainder usually about a half quart when done right. in the oil.. then proceed to drive/romp dont be afraid to get on it..

what this will do is the marvels mystery oil will work on your top rings incase one is stuck. and it will clean youur injectors and conditions the valve seals.

the seafoam stall treatment coats everything and cleans them off.. busts carbon loose and cleans everything.

the seafoam in the oil. cleans out your oil ring and potentially unsticks them..

if none of this works then your problem is more mechanical than something that's frozen or stuck. possible broke ring/burnt valve ect ect.

but its worth the 20 dollars to save a large bill.

thanks thats good to know. the motor i bought looks pretty good has brass freeze plugs is clean as hell you can see fresh silicone they used on the intake etc and i dealt with the guys before it could have 10k or 50k either way its better than my 182k

fresh slicone? there should be no silicone on that motor. somone had it apart and didnt wanna buy a gasket kit..

i would highly suggest a full gasket kit before you think about putting it back in.. save yourself the hassle of puttin it in and having a bad head or intake gasket ect ect.. plus if you do that youll see what kind of condition the motor is in.. i would highly suggest it.

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

thanks bro im having my mechanic do it and go through it the best he can. im no mechanic :) i can wrench a lil. but i leave that to the pros.

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Archived