Second Skin Audio

Need box designed

why does he need a 26 hz tuning? you tune your boxes at the same frequency as the FS of the sub???? 26 hz is LOW as hell if you ask me, he´s gonna be able to play only C&S music and lows, i wouldn´t tune lower than 35 hz, specially on a single sub setup, but that´s just me.

This.

Basing your tuning off the subs fs is asking for trouble outside the world of transmission lines.

Pick a number in the 30s and tune there.

Oh and onelivinglarge has the same wattage as this guy. 2 cubes on that sub will actually make it quieter while allowing the weak suspension to let the cone flop around like a fish out of water, smacking motor along the way.

oh ok gotcha ... so im lookin outside 24"W x 14"H x 14" deep with a port of 12.5" H x 2.5"W x 24" L will put me at 34.35hz ... and at 2.03 cubes and fi said 2.3 max ... so am i good therre ?

edit: sanitarium ... oh ok .. .so ^^^ is to big

Edited by Ryeguy28

Vehicle: 1996 Chevy Prizm

Amplifiers: Dual Xpa6100(Sub)

Enclosure: BassWorks 2.5ish sealed

Mids/Highs: Polk 6.5"s and polk 4"s

Subwoofers: RockFord Fosgate 15"

Wire:8gauge

Future Upgrades:Amp, another 15" , Big #

haha yes according to him is to big, once again i haven´t play with that sub so don´t go that size, taking what my man said, then try something like 13"H x 24" W x 16" D , port 11.5"H x 1.8W x 25"D , that would give you 1.5 cubic feet and a 35 hz tuning with 13SQ of port per cubic feet.

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/