Finkster helped alot.

Anyways, watch out for be verbs. Avoid using them. (am, are, is, was, were, been, being, be, I’m, he’s, we’re, you’re, it’s, isn’t, aren’t)You'll have to change around sentences but your paper will benefit greatly.

Also, make sure you keep the same tense, and Avoid using "I". Other than that and what Finkster said, I'd say the paper is at LEAST C. Hopefully you have a completed MLA works cited page?

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

Finkster helped alot.

Anyways, watch out for be verbs. Avoid using them. (am, are, is, was, were, been, being, be, I’m, he’s, we’re, you’re, it’s, isn’t, aren’t)You'll have to change around sentences but your paper will benefit greatly.

Also, make sure you keep the same tense, and Avoid using "I". Other than that and what Finkster said, I'd say the paper is at LEAST C. Hopefully you have a completed MLA works cited page?

yea i have the works cited mla and the outline.

mJzD9.png

Dude this is NOT MLA.

MLA has everything that you are citing in quotations. I saw no quotes other than what I added somewhere in the middle of the paper.

Again, not being a dick but im trying to help you. Your teacher can take a point off every time he doesnt see a quote and that would be a bunch of points lost.

If you dont put quotes then we will never ever know when the citation starts and when it ends.

Edited by finkster

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Look dude I gotta go but here is an example of what your citations should look like.

Instead of saying................Cutting down tres causes pollution ("Pollution paper" 1).

It should be this. "Cutting down trees causes pollution" (Pollution Paper 1).

and I also saw where u did this.....Cutting down trees causes pollution (pollution paper1). Planting more trees helps fight this (pollution paper 1). So plant more trees (pollution paper 1)....

This is the correct way. "Cutting down trees causes pollution. Planting more trees helps fight this. So plant more trees" (pollution paper 1).

See what happened? as long as its on the same page then you can use multiple sentences.

I've gotta go, hope this helps.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Little info

Grade 10

Due tomorrow

thanks!

Global Warming: The Effects on Earth

Did you know that the Earth is warming at a faster pace than ever before? Scientists have been researching for many years and can now conclude that global warming does exist and the future of our planet is at risk. Scientists have also been monitoring the Earth’s climate for many years and understand that global warming exists and its effects are eminent. Many people believe global warming is simply the Earth getting warmer. It is much more than that. Gases cause global warming and, in recent years, there have been more of these gases in the atmosphere due to human activities.

Some individuals may want to know what exactly is global warming. Global warming is the natural process of increasing the sun’s heat around the Earth (“Global Warming”1). Global warming affects our planet in many different ways, but how does it affect us? Global warming can affect humans in several different ways. Right now, we have seen very little change in the Earth’s temperature; so many humans haven’t noticed any type of change. This is because the Earth’s temperature increases at a very slow rate. If we compare today’s rate at which the Earth’s temperature is increasing and compare it to thousands of years ago, scientists notice that the globe is warming at a much faster rate than ever before. The surface temperature increased 1.4 degrees between 1980 and 2000 (Cicerone 1). This leads scientists to believe that humans are speeding up the natural process of global warming.

Global warming causes many changes on the earth but we can help reduce the impact of these effects. One thing the community can help slow the process is to replant trees after logging. This helps reduce the amount of carbon that is released into the atmosphere (“Global Warming” 3). Even the food we eat has an impact on global warming. From growth, harvest, processing, and transporting the food, it has a big impact (Rosenthal 1). Reducing the amounts of beef we buy can reduce the effects of global warming. Did you know it takes eleven times more greenhouse gas to produce one pound of beef than it does to produce one pound of chicken (Rosenthal 1)? We also burn fossil fuels from cars, factories, and other substances that emit harmful gases into the atmosphere (Cicerone 1). If we cut down on the amount of fossil fuels we burn, the outlook on our planet would drastically improve.

Greenhouse gases in the Earth’s atmosphere also cause global warming. Greenhouse gases are made up of different types of gases, but the most important gas is carbon dioxide. Most of Earth’s natural processes create greenhouse gases but it also destroys them. One example would be when plants and animals decay it produces carbon dioxide. Plants absorb carbon dioxide which helps keep the atmosphere in somewhat stable condition (“Global Warming” 1). Every day the earth releases and absorbs tons of carbon dioxide. Humans burn fossil fuels that give off carbon which add to the amount that is released into the atmosphere (Global Warming 1). Once the gases reach the atmosphere they are trapped which increases the temperature of the Earth. Some of the gases are from natural causes. Recently humans have contributed to this process (“Global Warming” 1).

Gases in the atmosphere trap the heat given off from the sun and prevent the heat from going back into space, which contributes to global warming. This trapping is called the greenhouse effect (“Global Warming”1). The greenhouse effect is a normal process and without it our planet would not be able to sustain life. If the gases in the atmosphere increase, so will the Earth’s temperature, which in turn will make the earth inhabitable for humans in the future. It is very important that we do everything we can to help our planet. One thing we can do is to replant trees. Trees help reduce the amount of carbon that is released into the atmosphere. Loggers chop down trees which give off carbon dioxide but if we replant the trees after we chop them down. The trees will absorb the carbon dioxide that is given off from the other tree (“Global Warming” 1). Aerosols affect the climate by scattering and absorbing solar radiation and changing the properties of clouds, which the damage can be serious. This absorption warms the air instead of the sunlight being absorbed by the surface of the earth causing the temperature of the air to rise (“Global Warming”1).

Some may want to know what affairs are producing greenhouse gases that contribute to the global warming process. There are many things that give off these gases and each can have complicated effects. The growth, harvest, processing, and transportation of food have a giant impact on global warming and produce a lot of greenhouse gas. Many of them are all different types of foods and the pollution made in their production and transportation (“Is Your Lunch Causing Global Warming?” 2). Nearly 25% of greenhouse gas is traced to the food they consume in an industrialized nation. Livestock has a big impact too. There are 37,000 cows in one city in Kansas. They pack the cows in groups of 150 into a giant grid that has pens, which gives the cows room to live. This grid is called a feedlot (“Is Your Lunch Causing Global Warming?” 2).

As we know, beef generates a lot of greenhouse gases and so do the animals. Feedlots reduce the amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, which slows the process of global warming. Feedlots are so efficient that they have lowered the cost of beef so it is no longer considered a luxury item (“Is Your Lunch Causing Global Warming?” 2). Beef is the worst food to produce because it takes more energy and creates a plethora of greenhouse gas. It takes 11 times more greenhouse gases to produce one pound of beef than it does to produce one pound of chicken. One pound of Beef takes 100 times more greenhouse gases than it does to produce one pound of carrots (“Is Your Lunch Causing Global Warming?” 2).

Many are curious about what will happen to the Earth’s future if we don’t address this issue correctly. Addressing global warming is harder than it sounds. There are so many complicated effects that one problem can have, for an example, logging cuts down trees which give off carbon dioxide and slash is left behind. The slash left behind from logging provides shelter for small animals and if it is burnt it gives off a much more harmful gas (“Global Warming” 3). Records of the globes temperatures show that the Earth is becoming warmer. The averaged surface temperatures show that the Northern and Southern hemispheres increased the fastest (Cicerone.1).

Global warming affects the planet in many different ways and scientists come up with ideas on what will happen in the future. Scientists use computers to predict the effects of a single event. It is difficult for scientists to design a computer program that models the Earth’s complex climate, and is able to predict what will happen (Cicerone. 4). Scientists say: depending on how fast these changes take place the impact may be beneficial to some regions. Yet, the future is still hard to predict, some regions may be able to adapt to the changes if they don’t come to quick.

If the community doesn’t do something to lessen the amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere the future will be greatly affected. Humans can reduce the amount of meat we consume which will decrease the amount of gas that enters the atmosphere. Planting trees also helps because it absorbs carbon dioxide and gives off oxygen. Another way that greatly increases the amount of greenhouse gas is to burn less fossil fuel; byproducts of gasoline give off lots of CO2 (Cicerone .1).

Global warming will drastically affect the future generations if humans don’t start cutting back on carbon emissions and greenhouse gases. Global warming is a gigantic part of the Earth’s climate and it affects everything in many different ways (“Global Warming” 3). Greenhouse gases assemble in the atmosphere and trap the suns heat. The heat warms the globe because it is floating around the Earth. Any harmful actions humans take, might have complicated effects on the future. This is why it is extremely important that the community is aware of what is happening to the globe. Humans must be educated about global warming and its effects. There are many ways the community can do to help reduce the impact on global warming and make a better future for generations to come. Scientists design models of the Earth’s atmosphere and use these models to predict the effects of global warming. It is very difficult for scientists to accurately model the Earth. If we continue to pollute the atmosphere with harmful greenhouse gases it will become harder to reverse the affects of global warming.

man made global warming is a myth. scienists have proven time and time again that the earth goes through a regular cycle of warming and cooling. your paper is cool and all, but shouldnt be confused with anything other than fiction.

That is definitely true that the Earth does indeed go through a regular cycle of warming and cooling. However, the rate at which the temperature of the Earth is increasing is much faster than what the norm is, and wouldn't you know it, but the amount of carbon dioxide has a direct correlation with the temperature of the Earth, and we've been creating excess amounts by burning fossil fuels. What a strange coincidence.

Also, due to the increasing temperatures the polar ice caps have been retreating. Not only this, but the albedo affect of ice is far greater than the ocean; meaning that ice reflects far more energy than water does. So as the ice retreats there is an exponential increase in the temperature of surrounding waters.

The Earth is definitely very dynamic, but how far can we push the limits of living sustainably?

Edited by Chris from Mi

Orion 2500D, Jbl Gto 75.4

Team Wolfpack Audio FSQ 15" d2, mb quart xover, tweets peerless 6.5 mids

Alpine cda-105

optima up front Knu klm 1/0

Look dude I gotta go but here is an example of what your citations should look like.

Instead of saying................Cutting down tres causes pollution ("Pollution paper" 1).

It should be this. "Cutting down trees causes pollution" (Pollution Paper 1).

and I also saw where u did this.....Cutting down trees causes pollution (pollution paper1). Planting more trees helps fight this (pollution paper 1). So plant more trees (pollution paper 1)....

This is the correct way. "Cutting down trees causes pollution. Planting more trees helps fight this. So plant more trees" (pollution paper 1).

See what happened? as long as its on the same page then you can use multiple sentences.

I've gotta go, hope this helps.

No i didn't mean citing it like that. she checked all of my citations and stuff. we aren't using those quotes

mJzD9.png

sophomore ftw :santa:

Lol?

im a sophomore :drinks:

Due tomorrow ? Wtf, your not out for xmas break ? o.o

tomorrows my last day and i was sick yesterday so i gota get it in. no homo

i get out tomorrow too...

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic