out of ideas

I was coming home from my dads house and hear my car dragging something. since the car now sounded like a yeti on coke, it was safe to assume it was my exhaust. I get home, (still don't know how I didnt get pulled over) and found the cat dragging on the ground.

I get it towed to Midas who tell me they can weld in a sleeve between the cat and resonator pipe (the flange on the resonator pipe had rusted through and gave way, so it couldnt be bolted back on) I say thats great do it.

250 bucks later, I get in the car and my check engine light is still on. I drive a little ways and notice that my voltmeter isnt going passed 12.1 volts. Couldn't turn around cuz they were closing up shop. So now my car has no voltage increase, the speedo isn't working anymore, and the engine light is still on.

by the way, my voltage was sustaining a nice 14.5 at startup. would usually drop to 14.36 with heat and lights on. but now Im lost. I checked all my inline fuses, amps are still working. the alternator is in my sig. Anyone have ideas? Im fresh out. no matter what Im callin them up on sunday and finding out what they can do, cuz he did tell me he'd clear out the check engine light. I took my voltmeter to the bats and they both say 12.67 and so does the alternator terminals.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Merry Christmas bump!

Ill add cliff notes too just cuz its so long....

do you think welding on the exhaust system had something to do with my alternator not charging the bats to 14.4 and the speedo going out?

-welded the exhaust (cat-resonator pipe)

-now the speedo wont work

-engine light is on

-alt isnt charging above 12.1 anymore

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

weird fix but the speedo is back and charging system is too. engine light is still on but ill get that cleared tomorrow.

Archived