Sonic Electronix

New subs, Amp now goes into protection mode???

All i have to say if its cuz of the subs. wire them in series to a 8 ohm and see what you get :pardon: you never know

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=41

Looking at the wiring diagram i can now say they are wired in paralell if that helps, I geuss i will try series, I had the old kicker wired in series but the didnt pound.

because at 8 ohms the amp will put out little little power. not close to what you want. but that doesnt mean turn the gain up unless you enjoy throwing amps in the trash :peepwall:

Well what size amp would you reccomend, I want a new Alpine Vpower anyway

IF you want a new amp

i would go to this site http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_i22_--car-amplifiers.html

or audiosavings.com

Look for a class D mono amp....

Class D is for effciency...

Mono is of course 1 channel... AND YOU CAN HOOK UP TWO SUBS OR HOWEVER MANY YOU WANT WITH JUST ONE CHANNEL. but usually it comes with two but its still internally connected equaling one

ALSO other amps is the AUDIOPIPE makes decent amps for low prices

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

All i have to say if its cuz of the subs. wire them in series to a 8 ohm and see what you get :pardon: you never know

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=41

Looking at the wiring diagram i can now say they are wired in paralell if that helps, I geuss i will try series, I had the old kicker wired in series but the didnt pound.

because at 8 ohms the amp will put out little little power. not close to what you want. but that doesnt mean turn the gain up unless you enjoy throwing amps in the trash :peepwall:

Well what size amp would you reccomend, I want a new Alpine Vpower anyway

WATTS wise. i would look around and look at amp specs and make sure it does like 400 RMS at 2 ohms and i would also look at the ohm stability to make sure its atleast 2 ohms stable

THAT is if your subs are 200 RMS a peice

Edited by Winn

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Yea i have ordered a couple subs and amp off that site and they gave me free shipping no problem. def. a popular site on the forum it seems i guess :peepwall:

But becareful... Dont go off buying random stuff i would pick a couple then post and say if this will work.

But one in all your welcome dude!

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

What is your sub RMS rating again?

also what kind?

Edited by Winn

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

What is your sub RMS rating again?

also what kind?

2- JL 200RMS 400peak 4ohm

Well that amp will work you just have to back down on the gains a tad or you will be over powering your subs by 50 which may not be a big deal it will probably be fine.

Edited by Winn

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE