Sonic Electronix

New subs, Amp now goes into protection mode???

First off, I am a newb to car audio but I'm trying to learn. If I leave out info you need, let me know.

My system.

Head Unit - Alpine IDA-X303

Amp - Sony XMZR604 Amp 600watt

subs - 2 10" kicker comps 125 rms 8 ohm

This system has worked great, but I just got 2 10" JL 10WX-4's for christmas which now make my amp go into protection mode after 2-3 mins of running them. It seems that when I start trying to get more volume the amp shuts down. The new subs are 200rms - 400watt peak - 4 ohm. My amp is a 3/4 channel and I have them both bridged together.

Any help would be great!

Happy X-mas!

Lol, too lazy to pull up specs. What are the voicecoil configurations...I know you said 8 ohm then 4 ohm. But are they single or dual? I'm guessing you've wired below what the amp is stable at.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Lol, too lazy to pull up specs. What are the voicecoil configurations...I know you said 8 ohm then 4 ohm. But are they single or dual? I'm guessing you've wired below what the amp is stable at.

Specs of the amp.

#

110W x 4 Max Power into 4 Ohms

#

150W x 2 (at 2 Ohms) + 300W x1 (at 4 Ohms) Max Power

#

60W x 2 RMS into 4 Ohms

#

65W x 4 RMS into 2 Ohms

CEA Rating: 60W x 4

DIN 45500 Rating (@ 14 V, THD 0.5 %)

4 ohm: 4 x 60W

2 ohm: 4 x 65W

Rated/THD (@ 14.4 V, 20 Hz - 20 kHz)

4 ohm: 4 x 60W / 1.0% (14.4V, 20 - 20kHz)

2 ohm: 4 x 65W / 0.1% (14.4V, 20 - 20kHz)

Maximum (@ 14.4 V)

4 ohm: 4 x 110W

2 ohm: 4 x 150W

Edited by Rebel4055

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

Whats the bass boost and gain at on the amp? Also were the subs new?

Ya brand new subs, nothing changed in the system except the subs. The gain is about 3/4 of what it could be but i turned it down and the problem still happens

Don't forget that gain knob is not a volume knob, do you know what you wired the subs down to.

Rest In Peace mother.

That's because sadly, rebel is pulling out normal issues but none that would apply to the direct issue. Gains shouldn't be set by how hard you want your subs to hit, you're pulling half the watts the amp says you will but its not 1 ohm stable. Which...if you got two D4 subs wired to a 1 ohm load would explain why.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

That's because sadly, rebel is pulling out normal issues but none that would apply to the direct issue. Gains shouldn't be set by how hard you want your subs to hit, you're pulling half the watts the amp says you will but its not 1 ohm stable. Which...if you got two D4 subs wired to a 1 ohm load would explain why.

I go over the basics then if you read AGAIN I asked him what his subs were wired down too.

When I try and help people I always see what they know before. And if there is a issue like say the gains I help correct it.

Don't worry I asked him what his subs are wired down too. I'll make sure to ask that everytime.

And sometimes the problem isn't what you might think it is. Yes I know that complys to me too.

Edited by Rebel4055

Rest In Peace mother.