rackmount amp for $300 or less

So.. i'm building some tapped horn/t-line towers that use a Pyle 21" for bottom end (in the tapped horn/t-line hybrid enclosure) with two Lanzar 10's for midrange and a Pyramid TW57 (3" ferrofluid cooled tweeter) in each tower. Tweeter and mids are mounted to the face of the horn/t-line in a separate enclosure and I may run the mids infinite-baffle. Unsure as of yet.

What kind of amp(s) do you guys think I should be using? If I could run it all from one amp for now that would be great. Also if anyone's got good crossover points and links to build them dirt cheap i'd be much appreciative lol :)

I was looking into the Crown XLS1000 at partsexpress but they mention it being built "lightweight" for easy transport so i'm shying away from it a bit now..

The Peavy IPR 1600 or Behringer EP2000 look the best (most power near 8 ohms) but some of the options for the Behringer dont make it look too hot for home audio use (infrasonic removal particularly).

TIA.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

So.. i'm building some tapped horn/t-line towers that use a Pyle 21" for bottom end (in the tapped horn/t-line hybrid enclosure) with two Lanzar 10's for midrange and a Pyramid TW57 (3" ferrofluid cooled tweeter) in each tower. Tweeter and mids are mounted to the face of the horn/t-line in a separate enclosure and I may run the mids infinite-baffle. Unsure as of yet.

What kind of amp(s) do you guys think I should be using? If I could run it all from one amp for now that would be great. Also if anyone's got good crossover points and links to build them dirt cheap i'd be much appreciative lol :)

I was looking into the Crown XLS1000 at partsexpress but they mention it being built "lightweight" for easy transport so i'm shying away from it a bit now..

The Peavy IPR 1600 or Behringer EP2000 look the best (most power near 8 ohms) but some of the options for the Behringer dont make it look too hot for home audio use (infrasonic removal particularly).

TIA.

Under $300, you don't have many choices. I've never had a problem with my EP2500, been using it for two years on many different types of occasions, and NEVER had any sound issues. The EP series is highly similar to QSC's RMX series, which is HIGHLY popular for being tough powerful amps. The only real difference is the size of transformers.

POTATO!

Damn, this looks like a deal to me :)http://www.axemusic.com/product.asp?numRecordPosition=61&P_ID=25158&PT_ID=240

Gotta wait for my rent and warhorse to go through first though lmao ;)

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

• 2 weeks later...

do u have the towers built yet? id love to see this

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, this looks like a deal to me :)http://www.axemusic.com/product.asp?numRecordPosition=61&P_ID=25158&PT_ID=240

Gotta wait for my rent and warhorse to go through first though lmao ;)

A deal? $337 + 5% tax = $353.85 w/ tax, not including shipping. The regular EP2000 will do you just fine, $299 at most music stores, or get them used for cheaper. That's how I got my EP2500 for $200 when retail was close to $350-$400. :)

POTATO!

Archived