Sundown Audio

making an amp do lower impedence

MACnonsence6

my hifonics 12s wired in parael are 2 ohms so with both of them i wana have the amp running 2 chanels so that would be 2 2ohm loads

what voice coils. that would help. i would assume by parallel you mean they are dual 4 ohm. why not just get a cheap monoblock amp from audiopipe or something? i dont know why SO MANY people want to run subwoofers on a 4 channel amplifier. i have said this plenty of times and ill say it again. 4 channels are normally meant for mids and highs, NOT subwoofers.

the amp is the older style duel amp that was at walmart the xpa4640 its 4 chanell my subs are hifonics hfi dv4 the amp does 50 x 4 at 4 ohms so i could run each coil at 50 rms but i much rather run the 150+ x 2 at 2 ohms just need to know how to do it those specs are at 14.4v

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

its not that i want to its what i have at hand and yes the subs are 4 ohm dual coils

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

its not that i want to its what i have at hand and yes the subs are 4 ohm dual coils

as i said before, you can wire the subs to 2 ohms each, then use a long coil of speaker wire to bring the resistance back a load that is compatible with your amplifier.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

i dont understand what u mean by that or what length i would need or what gauge wire those all must be factors? do u mean just wire going from the amp then into a coil then to the sub? wouldnt it be easyer just to put larger fuses so that the amp can go down to 2 ohms? x 2

wouldnt it be easyer just to put larger fuses so that the amp can go down to 2 ohms? x 2

no. if anything you'll cause more harm. you will not be able to do it safely. period. enough said. use the amp for your door speakers or something. dont cheap out on shit or else you will pay for it in the future.

thats what i figured i would have to do thanks guys for all ur help

if you got 2 D4 subs and a 4 channel amp. just wire one coil per channel and be done with it. That dual amp will take a shit on you at 2x2ohms

he better have a good DMM to match the gains on both channels. i would assume you dont want him to risk damaging his equipment would you sanitary?

thats another problem i was worried about the only settings the amp has is a bass boos from 0db to i think 10 then hpf lpf and full thats just a switch so that wont be hard then frequency that ill be turned all the way down so the only knob that will even be moved is the input level