Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Fuse box connections to battery...question


Recommended Posts

Posted

Simple question about the fuse box to battery connection. There are two power wires (the stock, thick ass copper wire) that connect to the positive terminal of the battery to send power to the cars accessories and the starter, etc. My question is, since I just ordered an agm xs power battery with ring terminal connections, can I replace the stock 2 power wires with regular power wire we use for our audio system, such as 8 or 4 gauge power wire so I can use ring terminals on it? I would assume the answer is yes, but I would rather get a definate answer rather then guesswork with my cars electrical. Thanks in advance guys.

Posted

as long as the other end can take a ring terminal then yes. might as well use 1/0 gauge.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Posted

Well I don't believe they do, I believe they go into a distribution block type thing >.>. I'm not positive and can't take a look right now, but if thats the case how do the rest of you attach your PDC to your aftermarket batteries without battery terminals? If the other side cant take a ring terminal, then why does attaching it to the battery with a ring terminal pose an issue? Thanks again for any responses, I may be looking into this all wrong, but the stock wiring is short shitty wire that I don't even know if it will reach the battery positive, hence my concern, much less put a ring terminal on it.

Posted

is it a GM car with the side posts or does it have the top posts? if its the top posts, the battery should come with a post for that. if its a side mount then you just get one of the adapters that will let you screw the stock terminals in on the side of the battery.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 543 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...