Car in the shop ready for work

002.jpg

View of the floor before we started with the DC sub hooked up and just free airing

005.jpg

Old amp rack

010.jpg

Battery in the back, HC1800 soon to be 2

006.jpg

Picture of the wires and engine

013.jpg

False floor in

018.jpg

Looking at a back panel to put in

022.jpg

Box without the top back panel

023.jpg

Panel fits!

025.jpg

Semi finished box just sitting on it's butt

028.jpg

Bbbbracing

051.jpg

Hole cut AND sanded

061.jpg

Will it fit?

062.jpg

Yes!

066.jpg

So we had to take it apart and put it back together but after we finished the box we thought it wouldn't fit when we tried to get it in. So about 2 days later i said screw it and just took out the seatbelts in the back + the panels and boom, it fits. We were first off by a half inch lol

069.jpg

Side view, it will stretch to the B pillar

070.jpg

Back view of the box

071.jpg

From the front

074.jpg

This is all dry fitted in, so i am not done at all. This is just test fitting and stuff like that. Bracing and stuff will be done soon. This box will also have a removable port, the hole sitting where the port should be isn't a port, just the cut out. The front will have mdf sitting in front and more will come. Again, don't assume this is my finished project, there is still a lot to go

well since you asked... dont take anything personally, just give you some feedback ;)

But..

I wouldnt have used plywood? Mdf or birch would have better. Mdf is a lot more dense and would be stronger than what you have. I see that snapping in the future.

any plans on fiberglassing and bracing? What about 45s on the inside? Id beef that baffle up a lot more. No way 1 sheet will hold up.

and like i said in pms i know how that car comes apart lol. so if you need to know how to take something out, lmk. Also love the fuse on the air intake, mines in the same spot haha. Hit me up when the alt comes in ill walk you thought the whole thing.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Yeah it's actually birch, or so i was told. If i was lied to i will be PISSED. I was going to stack the inside with MDF but we are going to fiberglass the whole inside and build a skeleton in the inside with bracing. Yeah the baffle will have a MDF board on the front to make sure that it's secure, yeah i honestly know that one sheet won't hold up but yeah like i said. I wanted to stack MDF in the inside but i was told by the guy (my girlfriends dad, weird huh?) that it would be secure enough will all of the fiberglass and the bracing. But if you don't think so say something. I'm not quite sure myself but i suppose it's going to have to be one of those things that i will (we will) have to learn the hard way if we are wrong lol

Yeah it's actually birch, or so i was told. If i was lied to i will be PISSED. I was going to stack the inside with MDF but we are going to fiberglass the whole inside and build a skeleton in the inside with bracing. Yeah the baffle will have a MDF board on the front to make sure that it's secure, yeah i honestly know that one sheet won't hold up but yeah like i said. I wanted to stack MDF in the inside but i was told by the guy (my girlfriends dad, weird huh?) that it would be secure enough will all of the fiberglass and the bracing. But if you don't think so say something. I'm not quite sure myself but i suppose it's going to have to be one of those things that i will (we will) have to learn the hard way if we are wrong lol

Hoping huge e rection will chime in here, but he had an 18 with several layers of baffle and it tore it to shit. But im not sure how braced it was. I know those 18s will MOVE and id hate to see it tear itself apart.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Archived