Mr.basshead Posted December 30, 2010 Report Posted December 30, 2010 Which of these sub setups will get the loudest and sound the best for chopped and screwed music and possibly some rock? It is going to be in a car with the seats flipped down sealed off from the trunk. DD 3515e Reconed By Team PSI Dual 1 ohm With my Powerbass ASA1500.1Dx to power it (It does roughly 1.7-1.8 at 0.5 ohms) in a 3.96 Cubic Ft Box tuned to 33.23 hz with 1 6" aero TC Sounds 3000 15" Dual 2 Ohm With my ASA1500.1Dx To power it(does 1.6k at 1 ohm) in a 4.02 cubic ft box tuned to 31.87 hz with 1 6" aero Adire Audio Brahma 15" Dual 2 Ohm With my ASA1500.1dx to power it in a 3.21 cubic ft box slot ported with 46.50 sq inches of port area tuned to 30 hz 1 TC Sounds TC-3000 15 D2 (temporary until I get a box built for the both of them) Powerbass ASA 1500.1 Dx Pioneer Mvh-P8200 Soundstream MPQ-7XO 7 band Eq Crescendo CCX6.5's Rockford Fosgate Punch 200a4 C&D UPS490-MR in the back 2008 Kia Rio Lx
n8ball2013 Posted December 30, 2010 Report Posted December 30, 2010 it hurts my feelings to see a DD reconed with a psi recone. especially considering what a DD recone costs. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Mr.basshead Posted December 30, 2010 Author Report Posted December 30, 2010 it hurts my feelings to see a DD reconed with a psi recone. especially considering what a DD recone costs. I called up dd and they said 145 and psi said 120 both would be stock recones so idk and yes basket is included with both of those quotes. it could be because I can drive 25-30 minutes and get the recone and basket from david instead of him shipping. 1 TC Sounds TC-3000 15 D2 (temporary until I get a box built for the both of them) Powerbass ASA 1500.1 Dx Pioneer Mvh-P8200 Soundstream MPQ-7XO 7 band Eq Crescendo CCX6.5's Rockford Fosgate Punch 200a4 C&D UPS490-MR in the back 2008 Kia Rio Lx
Loudcivic Posted December 30, 2010 Report Posted December 30, 2010 it hurts my feelings to see a DD reconed with a psi recone. especially considering what a DD recone costs. I called up dd and they said 145 and psi said 120 both would be stock recones so idk and yes basket is included with both of those quotes. it could be because I can drive 25-30 minutes and get the recone and basket from david instead of him shipping. $25 difference i would go with dd nothing against psi but i would rather have dd recone for the price. if your worried about 25 bucks your in the wrong hobby imo. your talking bout running your amp at .5 ohms. you need good electrical to do that. so you ether spend some cash on beefing up your electrical or just keep blowing amps cuz of voltage issues. dd setup with a dd recone dual 2 and run the amp at 1 ohm and call it a day. /thread 2015 silverado crew cab nothing atm but soon...
Loudcivic Posted December 30, 2010 Report Posted December 30, 2010 it hurts my feelings to see a DD reconed with a psi recone. especially considering what a DD recone costs. I called up dd and they said 145 and psi said 120 both would be stock recones so idk and yes basket is included with both of those quotes. it could be because I can drive 25-30 minutes and get the recone and basket from david instead of him shipping. i think i would still go with the dd recone. when i did my recone on my btl i went right to fi and ordered it. was like 180 bucks shipped with basket and ca glue. spent another 30 bucks on rubber surround and push terminals. 2015 silverado crew cab nothing atm but soon...
n8ball2013 Posted December 30, 2010 Report Posted December 30, 2010 so youre 3500 recones are more than my 9500 recones................ THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Mr.basshead Posted December 30, 2010 Author Report Posted December 30, 2010 it hurts my feelings to see a DD reconed with a psi recone. especially considering what a DD recone costs. I called up dd and they said 145 and psi said 120 both would be stock recones so idk and yes basket is included with both of those quotes. it could be because I can drive 25-30 minutes and get the recone and basket from david instead of him shipping. $25 difference i would go with dd nothing against psi but i would rather have dd recone for the price. if your worried about 25 bucks your in the wrong hobby imo. your talking bout running your amp at .5 ohms. you need good electrical to do that. so you ether spend some cash on beefing up your electrical or just keep blowing amps cuz of voltage issues. dd setup with a dd recone dual 2 and run the amp at 1 ohm and call it a day. /thread Ever heard of box rise?? Well when you get a dual 2 ohm sub and wire it down to 1 ohm you are not in any way seeing 1 ohm that is why I run a 0.5 ohm because it rises to 1.3 ohms on certain frequencies and drops down to 0.7 at its lowest and that 0.3 ohm difference isn't the end of the world and I have ran a dual 1 ohm sub wired down to 0.5 ohms on my powerbass asa1500.1dx and with the huge ass battery I have in the back I don't even drop below 13.5 volts at a little over 3/4's of the way up and I have no dimming what so ever. 1 TC Sounds TC-3000 15 D2 (temporary until I get a box built for the both of them) Powerbass ASA 1500.1 Dx Pioneer Mvh-P8200 Soundstream MPQ-7XO 7 band Eq Crescendo CCX6.5's Rockford Fosgate Punch 200a4 C&D UPS490-MR in the back 2008 Kia Rio Lx
Mr.basshead Posted December 30, 2010 Author Report Posted December 30, 2010 so youre 3500 recones are more than my 9500 recones................ Wait nevermind lol that was if I shipped it in and they did it I read over the email again and then I replied saying how much would it be for just a 3515 basket and a d1 3515e recone so hopefully it'll be cheaper. 1 TC Sounds TC-3000 15 D2 (temporary until I get a box built for the both of them) Powerbass ASA 1500.1 Dx Pioneer Mvh-P8200 Soundstream MPQ-7XO 7 band Eq Crescendo CCX6.5's Rockford Fosgate Punch 200a4 C&D UPS490-MR in the back 2008 Kia Rio Lx
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.