Annoying Ipod Connection Problem

Bocaj

Ok so hopefully I can explain this clearly. I got the Pioneer P7200hd this summer and for a while I did not have any problems with it but recently it keeps giving me the error code of losing connection with my Ipod Touch 3g. What is weird is that it only does this with the songs I did not get from Itunes i.e. Decaf's songs. I talked to Pioneer and Crutchfield and did all of the things that they suggested like resetting the deck, resetting the Ipod, restoring the Ipod, trying a different usb cable and nothing fixes it. I also made sure that my Ipod has the most recent firmware update. What is even stranger is that it only gives me the error code when I physically switch songs, not when I let the song end and go to the next one. Another thing that is weird is that when I have the error code and I switch through the sources on the head unit back to usb it reconnects to the ipod. This is driving me crazy! Anybody have any suggestions, since Pioneer technical support was no help at all.

Car

1991 Honda Accord EX

System I now have and is finally installed!

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Digital Designs 3512

Digtal Designs CS 6.5" components

Audioque 2200

DD Audio C5b

Optima Yellow Top

Rockford Fosgate 1/0

Damplifier Pro

Luxury Liner Pro

ddaudiologo.jpg

well i never got any song off itunes is all mp3's i got of limewire emule what error code you getting

did you get an knock off cable off ebay

1996 Chevy Tahoe

AKA My SQ Hoe

Pioneer AVH-X2800BS

Precision Power PC.18DS

MB Quart NA540.6

Skar Audio RP-2000.1D

55-3210 -  8 Inch MCM AUDIO SELECT

Rockville RXM64

Tymphany BC25SC06-04

Kenwood KFC-1795PS

Ive heard before that the head unit is only compatible with the firmware version of the ipod when the headunit was made :trippy: . so if you updated the ipod then it might not work. its stupid, but there are ways around it. try putting the iPod in airplane mode it worked on one of my jvc headunits because i had the same problem.

if you want your iPod to work my advice is don't update it and the only way to fix what you did is to either downgrade the firmware(idk how...google it!) or get a new headunit :angry: .

hope this helps B)

Ive heard before that the head unit is only compatible with the firmware version of the ipod when the headunit was made :trippy: . so if you updated the ipod then it might not work. its stupid, but there are ways around it. try putting the iPod in airplane mode it worked on one of my jvc headunits because i had the same problem.if you want your iPod to work my advice is don't update it and the only way to fix what you did is to either downgrade the firmware(idk how...google it!) or get a new headunit :angry: .hope this helps B)

Thank you for the help. I talked to Pioneer and they said there have been problems with compatibility on the 4.0 update of the firmware which is bulls@#*t. They suggested that I look into a different product like I'm supposed to buy another deck! No thanks, I just bought this thing at the end of the summer and it already won't work with the new firmware. The stupid thing is my old pioneer deck worked fine. I'm regretting getting this new one. I'll see if I can somehow downgrade the firmware because I have tried leaving it in airplane mode and it doesn't help. Thanks again.

Car

1991 Honda Accord EX

System I now have and is finally installed!

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Digital Designs 3512

Digtal Designs CS 6.5" components

Audioque 2200

DD Audio C5b

Optima Yellow Top

Rockford Fosgate 1/0

Damplifier Pro

Luxury Liner Pro

ddaudiologo.jpg

Archived