Second Skin Audio

aero port questions

anyone?

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

I could have went with like 6 10's in my trunk, and done a slot port, but ive heard about gaining about 3db with aero ports (precision ports) so i made it possible to use one. I'm using 1 8" on 4 10s. It just seems more logical to me, since most instruments like trumpers, tuba, etc all use the same concept of a flared cylinder, why use a square? :? lol. But thats just me.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Well, Steve's old setup had 4 18's using only 6 4" aero ports. That's only 75in of port area. He said he really didn't have any port noise.

With that being said, I would think you can use 1 8" aero port (50in of port area) for 1 18" sub and get away with it, especially if you only have a 6-7cuft box...?

2 HDC3 18's

AQ2200D

Well, Steve's old setup had 4 18's using only 6 4" aero ports. That's only 75in of port area. He said he really didn't have any port noise.

With that being said, I would think you can use 1 8" aero port (50in of port area) for 1 18" sub and get away with it, especially if you only have a 6-7cuft box...?

if i remember correctly i had seen that post he had the cone area to back er up/steve's always had a small port haha with the amount of power he was feeding to those subs

and yeah i was thinking single 8" aero/flares would be enough thats why i had posted to see what others have had luck with........ i dont have much room as you can see (this being a trunk setup n all)

but like i said im prob going stick with the good ol slot port just hoping if 83^2 of port is enough

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

12-16in of port area per sqft rule? this is the kind of information i want to read up on... i have the torres calculator...care to show me where to find more info on port area?

Use the search bar. If you have a question, you can usually always find an answer on here. If that fails, there's always Google, lol. Here's what I found with a quick search. http://forum.realmofexcursion.com/enclosures/22705-pencil-paper-101-a.html <Good basic info here...

2 HDC3 18's

AQ2200D