121ak Posted January 1, 2011 Report Posted January 1, 2011 Well, I've installed a small starter system in my impala to get some bass until the bigger system is completed. The amp is dimming my headlights and everything inside the vehicle as I knew it would. I'm looking at buying 2 batteries. One under the hood and one in the trunk. I'm stuck on what type of batteries to get. I've heard some things about optima batteries but I want to be sure my money isn't going down the drain. I've visited the XS Power website but don't know what type of batteries I need. The amp is 1800 watts peak 900 watts RMS at 2 ohms. That's basic. I'm going to be adding more power probably in the future. My question is, what's a good battery for the money? Mobile Electronics Certified Professional (MECP) Certified - Best Buy Autotech Certified
ryderonthestorm Posted January 1, 2011 Report Posted January 1, 2011 Personally I prefer XS Power but Optima is pretty good as well. I run both currently and they have not given me any problems whatsoever. Ask Nathan in the XS power section about what size will fit your vehicle. He is always quick with a reply and will take care of you. 1991 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series DC Power 270 Amp Alt Big 3 Kicker/KnuKonceptz 0 Gauge Power wire XS Power D6500 XS Power D3100 Pioneer Headunit JBL Mids and Highs Rockford Fosgate 400.4 3 Sundown Audio SA-10's wired @ .67 ohms American Bass 150.1
KHPower Posted January 1, 2011 Report Posted January 1, 2011 I prefer Kinetik as i have had no failure rates from them compared to Stinger or Optima. Im am intrigued on trying some of the goods from XS Power though
FaTbOy911 Posted January 1, 2011 Report Posted January 1, 2011 For the price 2 optimas are good and they will handle fine Had an estimate of 6400 for an alpine/clarion setup dealer said it "should" hit around 160db with the custom boxes he was going to make for me..doubtful with so much area to move but, budget is way below that any ideas on cheaper brands for that kind of Spl setup? really didnt want to try any Boss or soundstorm, thinking Quantum figure around $150 per speaker "$1800 total" and $1700 to power it, first actual big setup for the van. New MEMPHIS CAR AUDIO build 4 15s Memphis C3 2 xs power D3100 1 xs power d3400 custom fiberglass door pannel and lots more My Build
Pitbullx Posted January 1, 2011 Report Posted January 1, 2011 biggest battery you can fit underhood and a d3100 in the trunk...... do the big 3 and a ho alternator Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio
121ak Posted January 1, 2011 Author Report Posted January 1, 2011 I'll be sure to contact XS power and see what they have. As for the optima batteries, I've heard yellow and red top is the way to go if choosing optima batteries. Mobile Electronics Certified Professional (MECP) Certified - Best Buy Autotech Certified
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.