Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Pretty good deal on a PA 5500D


Recommended Posts

Posted

I got a pretty good deal on a Power Acoustik 5500D from a buddy of mine for $150. Now before everyone and their grandma jumps on me for wanting a PA let me say this: All I want it for is to break in my subs. My question is how well will this amp serve this purpose? I plan on starting them off with about 500 watts RMS. I'll be running 6 Almani S7 10s between 30 & 35Hz (Havent made up my mind yet)

Specs:

Power Acoustik 5500D

Almani S7 10"

Performance Specs.

Fo 31 Hz.

Vas 24 L

Qes 0.63

Qts 0.55

XMax 15 mm ( just under 5/8 of an inch )

Sd 0.0363 m2

SPL 86 dB/m/1V

Wattage 2000 Watts (1000 watts RMS)

Surround Overmolded TPR Rubber

Cone Stiff Non Pressed rear Cone and Kevlar for the Front Cone

Nomex Spider

Heavy Duty Dual 3" 4 ohm Voice Coil with External Venting

Precision Computer Optimized Magnet

Die Cast Machined Frame with Peripheral Venting

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

Posted

Sure why not I was helping out a friend 1st of all. And I could always use another as insurance if my crescendos fail.

(just realized I need to update my sig)

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

Posted

How to break in your subs: play them full power. That pa can only output about 1800 rms. Fyi

Posted

You only really need to break in subwoofers like DD's I believe. Most subs are plug n play. I tuned my amp to full power and started poundin on my HCCA right when I got it

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 534 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...