Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

Dunno much about the DC's, but if you're only running 1200 to it, it won't sound loud if you don't have the power going to it. For something like that though, I'd say drop the Hifonics altogether and get a new amp. Before you do though, check settings, check phasing, see if you can get the box into the trunk, etc.

i think having the sub sitting up in the backseat of your car while the trunk is not completely sealed off is going to make the overall sound less appealing as opposed to... having it secured in the trunk and whatnot.

It won't sound the same, but less appealing? It's closer to your head. It's going to sound slightly louder compared to the trunk.

POTATO!

Posted

It won't sound the same, but less appealing? It's closer to your head. It's going to sound slightly louder compared to the trunk.

get a trunk car with a sub or two, try facing toward the trunk, away from the trunk, and then just sitting up in the backseat. you will hear a biiiig difference!

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

Posted

I agree on the backseat statement... I had my type R in my trunk facing backwards and loved the sound but I got a flat and had to put it in my back seat and sounded like ass... I know what your saying... I have already been talking to EricB he only lives an hour away from me and were already in the works for planning to seal off the trunk and go from there... my phase is set at 0 right now... should it be at 180?

Posted

I agree on the backseat statement... I had my type R in my trunk facing backwards and loved the sound but I got a flat and had to put it in my back seat and sounded like ass... I know what your saying... I have already been talking to EricB he only lives an hour away from me and were already in the works for planning to seal off the trunk and go from there... my phase is set at 0 right now... should it be at 180?

flip it and see if the subwoofer is louder!

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

Posted

Phase should be at 0. Phase is usually only used if you invert subs.

or if the sub is wired out of phase! which it could very well be..

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4850 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...