Second Skin Audio

sealing off trunk/box

Sold the DC 15's and bought 12's built by foreverbumpin. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/92367-custom-kevlar-12s-for-sale/ sub specs."SQ 1.5 cubes each after port and woofer tuned to 37

SPL 1.25 cubes each tuned around 40 hz HP/Subsonic at least 30 to 35hz or shared 2.2 to 2.25 cubes

Shared Chamber 3 Cubic foot tuned to 35hz 6" PVC 16" long

Shared, about 4cf tuned to mid 30hz ( 34-36 hz ) would be sounding great

If you want to get high DBz, I would go about 40-44hz large port area, about 5cf-6cf, with subsonic filter on" From Ken (foreverbumpin).

SO have to work on sealing off, and building a box. While trying to figure out the box, I decided to use aeros. Calculated that ill need 6" aeros. So without figuring anything else out I went a head and bought them, flared. With flares there 9.5.

Now the problem is my opening isn't very big, and neither is the door. So you will say build it in the trunk, well unless someone can give me really good tips on how to make the box look really nice in there, thats not going to happen. I want to make the box look really good. My OLD box was 38 wide and that was too much so the port (slot) was detachable so i could fit it in.

Crunching the numbers, having to have a minimum of roughly 34-35 wide, so i could have subs/port on the face, 13 high, it would have to be 16 deep, for just over 3 cubes. Now the problem with this is, the aero will have to bend for the tuning to be around 40 hz. Messed around with some other designs, but then the cubes get bigger and bigger.

Can someone help me figure out a design keeping it within 3 cubes with 6in aeros without bends?

edit: i also want to double baffle/flush mount the subs

Edited by byers319