Sonic Electronix

Well that is still possible, if you're not fully aware of the parameters of your sub, I would play it safe. Set gains correctly, and provide an adequate enclosure and pay attention to details.

Even the top of the line subwoofers can be trashed by people abusing them.

yeah i pay attention to that. i usually turn my highs up to what i normally listen to then adjust my gain on the amp to even out bass and highs.

if theres a more proper way to adjust it please tell me lol.

i figured this was the most educated guess to setting the gain

proper amp gaining is with an Oscilloscope. or a DMM

oh alright. thanks.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

oh alright. thanks.

yea, cuss if u set them wrong, i mean the way ur doing it can still have a bad clipped signal,that also could be why ur other sub burn the leads. even if ur under powering a sub...

oh alright. thanks.

yea, cuss if u set them wrong, i mean the way ur doing it can still have a bad clipped signal,that also could be why ur other sub burn the leads. even if ur under powering a sub...

i checked nothin was burnt. i had an alpine type r d2 and the way they make the spiders are that they are hard and brittle. so it just cracked. then it was done for. it wasnt clipping at all. if it was it was soo little that i couldnt hear it

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

hahaha

Everyone wants to be such a scientist about setting a gain knob and use all these instruments when the fact of the matter is that they are setting up for perfect conditions. Amplifying a clipped signal is much worse than just having clipping on the amp side.

Setting by ear is a decent way to get in and be done with it. If you can't hear it then it's probably below 10% and nothing to worry about.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Furthermore, I'm not saying that it is the highest looked upon or most accurate way to set things, but if you dont have a dmm or oscope then this will get you by. A dmm does not guarantee a clip free environment, you have to trust that the output will be clean going by the manufacturers specs.

Using an o scope is the safest way as stated, but dont go out and buy one just so you can set some basic equipment perfectly.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

i actually cant agree or not, as i have never seen an oscope in person, but have never blown a sub. so my setting skills with hear and seeing as work. but this time i dont wanna fuk it up so imma boroow one cuss them shits are not cheap !!!

i do got a 5 buck dmm but it broke so oh well lol