Sonic Electronix

quantinum audio 2000 watt amp i bought it off ebay and didnt say model number ect. lol its just weird the dude i bought the van from doesnt even have the power wire ran to battery its mixed with some other wires lol, I have a 0 gauge wire just no tools to install to battery terminal, With the car on i can take the power wire and hold it against pure steel and nothing sparks lol :P

umm unless you want your car to catch on fire, dont touch a power wire to bare metal. and that amp, with a quick search, doesnt seem to have any means of protection in place (weird).

True sorry, I dont have a DMM but if its too low how can i fix it haha sorry im a noob at this just trying to learn :/

how can you fix it? for one, dont wire 2 different subwoofer sizes together ever again. two, make sure the ohm load will be compatible with your amp. three, make sure your subwoofers have the same voice coils. as in, if you have two subwoofers, make sure they are both dual 4 ohm or dual 2 ohm or whatever. not one is dual 4 ohm and the other is dual 2 ohm, that wont work.

I apologize for all noobness, I know the 2 15's are SVC 4 ohms, Idk about the tens all i know was a bad idea :/

I apologize for all noobness, I know the 2 15's are SVC 4 ohms, Idk about the tens all i know was a bad idea :/

haha its ok dude we all start off somewhere. so the way you probably have it wired now, is 2 ohms to the amp, with the 15's that is. (which is ok)

haha its ok dude we all start off somewhere. so the way you probably have it wired now, is 2 ohms to the amp, with the 15's that is. (which is ok)

Yeah when it happened i removed the tens asap and then pulled the fuses off the wires as shaped as a complete s inside the fuse its 50A fuse two of them they dont look burnt, Any other things it could be beside the deaded 400$ amp blown :/

Yeah when it happened i removed the tens asap and then pulled the fuses off the wires as shaped as a complete s inside the fuse its 50A fuse two of them they dont look burnt, Any other things it could be beside the deaded 400$ amp blown :/

well does the green light on the amp come on? or any light indicating power? if you have a DMM you can test if theres even a signal coming out of the amp by hooking a DMM to the speaker terminals just like you would any speaker, and set the meter to AC volts. if theres a number on there when playing music, then the amp is good. if not, then something else is wrong. let me ask you this, does the amp have a warranty on it?

well does the green light on the amp come on? or any light indicating power? if you have a DMM you can test if theres even a signal coming out of the amp by hooking a DMM to the speaker terminals just like you would any speaker, and set the meter to AC volts. if theres a number on there when playing music, then the amp is good. if not, then something else is wrong. let me ask you this, does the amp have a warranty on it?

No warranty damn ebay :/, Usually the letters light up blue(theres no lights on it at all that i can remember lol) when i turn on the car but it doesnt even do that, How much are DMM's because atm i dont have one

No warranty damn ebay :/, Usually the letters light up blue(theres no lights on it at all that i can remember lol) when i turn on the car but it doesnt even do that, How much are DMM's because atm i dont have one

ok just making sure because you can just flip the amp over (unhook everything first) and take the back cover off and inspect the components to make sure there is nothing brown/burnt/anything that looks wrong in it. and multi meters are fairly cheap, something around $5-15 will get you a decent one. you can find them at walmart, lowes, ace hardware, practically anywhere.

he can just take a test light ground it to the car and touch it to the power wire and see if there is power most everyone has a test light. also i would never hook the stuff back up in ur car till u get wire ran unless u want u amp radio and subs to fail because of someone else' hacked up wireing job.

Archived