WALLED! 2 RE MT 18"s! Stetsom 10K! DD door speaker goodness! Massive batteries and vids

oh i know i update my build here quite regularly and its only me and rebel posting in the thread it seems haha just did some sexy copper buss bars and no one cares :(

sorry for the jack but its good to talk to fellow updaters who have been forgotten

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

oh i know i update my build here quite regularly and its only me and rebel posting in the thread it seems haha just did some sexy copper buss bars and no one cares :(

sorry for the jack but its good to talk to fellow updaters who have been forgotten

Hmm, well I think we should make a club for others like us to join.

Was that a hint? I'll check it out, I'm guessing that they were expensive? Haha

Nah it's fine, not like much else is happening here anyway.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

yeah for as much traffic this site gets theres a bunch of builds but no one seems to care unless its a band wagon build

ha 8 years ago your MT build woulda been off the charts but now adays nope

and the 26" of .25 x 1.5" copper only cost 20% or so and i got 8 stainless carrage bolts/nuts/lock washers at home depot for 3$ or so so cheap bars

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

yeah for as much traffic this site gets theres a bunch of builds but no one seems to care unless its a band wagon build

and the 26" of .25 x 1.5" copper only cost 20% or so and i got 8 stainless carrage bolts/nuts/lock washers at home depot for 3$ or so so cheap bars

Yeah eh, there has to be something truly crazy to get proper attention. I'm hoping that whatever I do for my next build will get even more viewers, especially since I have to be doing 160's lol.

Yeah, it seems that people are becoming desensitized to big builds now, even when listening to them. Like, if you look at Steve's vids, in the old as ones pretty much everyone bailed, now barely anyone bails. Now I'm pretty sure that it is way louder now than it was back then.

Hmm, that ain't bad, still sounds real nice though :)

Not everything has to cost heaps to be nice eh :)

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

Yeah eh, there has to be something truly crazy to get proper attention. I'm hoping that whatever I do for my next build will get even more viewers, especially since I have to be doing 160's lol.

Yeah, it seems that people are becoming desensitized to big builds now, even when listening to them. Like, if you look at Steve's vids, in the old as ones pretty much everyone bailed, now barely anyone bails. Now I'm pretty sure that it is way louder now than it was back then.

Hmm, that ain't bad, still sounds real nice though :)

Not everything has to cost heaps to be nice eh :)

qftmfw

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

current build

I liked the updates. :drinks:

Whats your opinion on those brain/EQs? I have never used one and i wanna get one, any brands to look at?

Thanks!

It's not an extra, it is literally the brain of the headunit, the screen unit won't work without it. Pretty much all you have on the back of the screen unit is 2 connectors for the wires that hook it up to the brain, and a socket for the wire loom with the power, ground and maybe a few other wires.

All the RCAs connect to the hideaway brain, as does the antenna, and the remote wire and speaker wires also come out of the brain.

Oh, on this unit there was a pair of RCA sockets dangling out the back of the headunit, but we didn't know what they did so we left them.

The EQ settings on this are ok, you only have 2 bands but you can pick which frequency you are changing though, as well as the width of the boosted/cut section.

Would you like a video of it maybe? I can go through the various settings and stuff.

I'm no expert on hideaways, and I've never seen them before this one, so all I could say is that kenwood makes them (or made them at least). It's nice having a screen though, really easy to navigate through settings and everything, plus you can watch movies and stuff, I really recommend them.

keen as for updates!

only like 7 more days to i get to see this build in person haha

Honda Accord SirT + Mad sounds = Awesomeness

VTEC go BRAAAAAPPPP :P

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141261-99-accord-sirt-sq-build/

Alright well i never done the big 3 so i see in my vision my truck on fire...

keen as for updates!

only like 7 more days to i get to see this build in person haha

And 7 more days of me cleaning the shit out of my pants worrying about getting it mostly done in time. I really am shitting myself :lol:

This was from last Sunday but I don't think I've put it up yet.

A rift kinda opened up in the baffle, so part of the baffle was now made of a sheet of 1" MDF and 2 bits of 0.5". lol. We filled it with glue and screwed it back together though. We also upgraded to big screws since the small ones were what caused the problem. 100_5956.jpg

100_5957.jpg

These are from today.

Stapling the fleece on, there are lots of staples in here, 1 every 3mm or so. haha. Otherwise it ends up too loopy.

100_5959.jpg

100_5961.jpg

100_5960.jpg

And stapling up the other side.

100_5962.jpg

100_5964.jpg

It's all resined up now, the first side was done at like 12 so the heat and copious amounts of hardener meant it was dry pretty quickly. The other side was only resined up an hour or so ago so it should be ready by morning.

Archived