Sonic Electronix

Which Speaker Wire Gauge for my System?

Posted after your update...

Try replacing the ground wire would be my first suggestion. Make sure it is ground either to the battery or a good area on the chassis somewhere. Remember to sand it down to bare metal if you chose the second option.

Is the amp getting warm at all as soon as it goes into protect?

do you have 1/0 power?

Yes, It says that by number 1 (: LOL.

I was thinking it could be because my ground is #2 and my power wire is 1/0 but I am not sure, the amp doesn't physically feel too hot. Doesnt feel hot at all.

Well if you have 0 gauge power wire then you need 0 gauge ground right?

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang V6

Exterior: Blacked Out Taillights, Turn Signals, Side Markers-Black 18x8 Enkei ls5-6000k HID's

Interior: Blue LED Strips with Module for Music-Hardwired Beltronics RX65 with Blue LED and remote button

Sub: 2 10 inch custom subs

Amp: Hifonics BRz 2600

Wire: Knu 0 gauge

Headunit: Kenwood kiv-bt901

Damplifier: Fatmat Rattletrap

Electrical: Stock Alt/Stock Battery/Big 3

do you have 1/0 power?

Yes, It says that by number 1 (: LOL.

I was thinking it could be because my ground is #2 and my power wire is 1/0 but I am not sure, the amp doesn't physically feel too hot. Doesnt feel hot at all.

replying to a few things here. you dont need a circuit breaker, they wear out if you keep tripping them, making them useless after a while (if you keep tripping them that is).

make your power and ground wire the same size. there is a reason the terminals are the same size.

and you dont need 8 gauge for 800rms worth of woofers. hell you dont even need it for 1600rms. i have 10 gauge (more like 12-14 gauge since i cut strands cause i ordered too big of wire) on 1500rms and its fine.

What kranny said. Fix the ground wire, should be same size as the power wire for sure. As stated, whats your volatage drop beating on it for like 30 seconds? If you're dropping down below 12v chances are thats what it is. Also, what are the subs model numbers, link to them?

I will upgrade the ground to 1/0 tommorow, the only problem is just finding a good spot to ground, which is also why I think it could be my ground, because the ground wire is about 4ft long it should only be baout 1ft. But since my amp is mounted on my backseat, I am not really sure the best place to ground as there is not much metal around that is good for grounding.

The voltage doesnt drop to 12v period, no matter how hard I slam them. It stays at 13.#

Subs are 15-M3104D dont have a link to them as they dont sell them anymore. Memphis released new models.

3d7304fe.jpg

1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800

(4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200

XS D6500 $245.65

PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430

Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60

Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85

A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!

if u use ofc wire 10gauge should do it but 8 would be even better lol im putting 12gauge memphis speaker wire on my mids lol

wtf noticeable gain would he get from oversized unnecessary wire? jeez

I will upgrade the ground to 1/0 tommorow, the only problem is just finding a good spot to ground, which is also why I think it could be my ground, because the ground wire is about 4ft long it should only be baout 1ft. But since my amp is mounted on my backseat, I am not really sure the best place to ground as there is not much metal around that is good for grounding.

The voltage doesnt drop to 12v period, no matter how hard I slam them. It stays at 13.#

Subs are 15-M3104D dont have a link to them as they dont sell them anymore. Memphis released new models.

says who? just ground to a strut tower bolt (after sanding/grinding ALL paint off till its shiny metal)

if u use ofc wire 10gauge should do it but 8 would be even better lol im putting 12gauge memphis speaker wire on my mids lol

wtf noticeable gain would he get from oversized unnecessary wire? jeez

I was about to comment, 12 ga is overkill by a long shot.

3d7304fe.jpg

XS D6500 $245.65

Out of curiosity, how is your rear battery hooked up to your starter battery, and are they both agm style batteries, or is the front one still stock?

My rear battery is hooked up to my front battery by just a single 1/0 power wire, the rear batt is grounded to the rear strut bar, and the front batt is grounded with 1/0 because I did the big 3.

I have a D375 on the way from XS Power because I definitly choose them over kinetik since I got my D6500 it ROCKS!

But currently just using stock up front.

3d7304fe.jpg

XS D6500 $245.65

Archived