Sonic Electronix

Which Speaker Wire Gauge for my System?

I will upgrade the ground to 1/0 tommorow, the only problem is just finding a good spot to ground, which is also why I think it could be my ground, because the ground wire is about 4ft long it should only be baout 1ft. But since my amp is mounted on my backseat, I am not really sure the best place to ground as there is not much metal around that is good for grounding.

The voltage doesnt drop to 12v period, no matter how hard I slam them. It stays at 13.#

Subs are 15-M3104D dont have a link to them as they dont sell them anymore. Memphis released new models.

says who? just ground to a strut tower bolt (after sanding/grinding ALL paint off till its shiny metal)

Note : GROUND WIRE SHOULD NOT BE EXTENDED MORE THAN 3 FT (1 METER).

straight from the amps manual http://www.soundstream.com/manuals/AMP/EDGE%20%20manual/EDGE%20%20manual/digital/Edge-Digital.pdf

I will ground to the strut bar, currently its to the bare metal chassis, but I can put it to the strut bar with 1/0. It will still be about 4ft. D: ?

3d7304fe.jpg

1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800

(4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200

XS D6500 $245.65

PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430

Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60

Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85

A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!

straight from the amps manual http://www.soundstream.com/manuals/AMP/EDGE%20%20manual/EDGE%20%20manual/digital/Edge-Digital.pdf

I will ground to the strut bar, currently its to the bare metal chassis, but I can put it to the strut bar with 1/0. It will still be about 4ft. D: ?

my 4 gauge AND 8 gauge amp ground wires are both 7 feet long. and i havent had a single problem. if you have a car that has an actual frame, stick to the frame. if you have a unibody car, then yes ground to strut tower.

my 4 gauge AND 8 gauge amp ground wires are both 7 feet long. and i havent had a single problem. if you have a car that has an actual frame, stick to the frame. if you have a unibody car, then yes ground to strut tower.

Word.. I guess it wont be that bad then when its 1/0. I have a 95 Civic EX. Not sure if its unibody or what, but the strut bar is easiest.

Thanks guys, I hope this works, I will make the 45 minute ONE-WAY trip to my car audio store for some 1/0. Cant beat the prices down here. I beleive this 1/0 is 1.75$ a foot! ISNT THAT INSANE?! and yes, it is real 1/0, its thicker than the 1/0 I got when I bought the amp install kit! Its GREAT and extremely flexible!

Way worth the 45 minute trip out there. Its a surplus store, which is why everything is cheap!

Thanks again, specially thanks to @Kranny

3d7304fe.jpg

XS D6500 $245.65

Word.. I guess it wont be that bad then when its 1/0. I have a 95 Civic EX. Not sure if its unibody or what, but the strut bar is easiest.

Thanks guys, I hope this works, I will make the 45 minute ONE-WAY trip to my car audio store for some 1/0. Cant beat the prices down here. I beleive this 1/0 is 1.75$ a foot! ISNT THAT INSANE?! and yes, it is real 1/0, its thicker than the 1/0 I got when I bought the amp install kit! Its GREAT and extremely flexible!

Way worth the 45 minute trip out there. Its a surplus store, which is why everything is cheap!

Do your seats fold? because the rear bench will be bolted to the frame somewhere under the folding backrest. The bolts are usually perfect for ring terminals. Just a thought, might be close to where your amp is mounted, and easy access if your seats fold.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

Do your seats fold? because the rear bench will be bolted to the frame somewhere under the folding backrest. The bolts are usually perfect for ring terminals. Just a thought, might be close to where your amp is mounted, and easy access if your seats fold.

Yes they fold, but I am not sure where the rear seat bolts are, I actually looked around for them because I was going to run my RCAs and such through it since the panels were pretty hard to pop off, but I couldnt find the bolts so I just gave up and took the panels off, I am going to get some 1/0 tommorow and re ground it to my strut bar, lets hope for the best.!

3d7304fe.jpg

XS D6500 $245.65

If you have a battery in the back thats grounded why wouldnt you just ground strait to the negative on the battery?

The ground on the battery is longer than the spot i picked on the chassis to ground to, and its also even further than the strut tower bar.

3d7304fe.jpg

XS D6500 $245.65

Dont ground to the seat belt bolt, its a horrible ground, ground to the strut tower, or run a ground from the front battery to the back battery...also you dont need 8 gauge speaker wire, you just need what will fit, why would the manufacturer list 12gauge terminals, if the sub needed 8 gauge to get the power it needs, its only a 400rms sub after....

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Archived