Boon Posted January 10, 2011 Report Posted January 10, 2011 I crammed ~10kwrms down a single run of 12ga OFC speaker wire for a couple of days. Didn't catch fire or anything... That said, for anything more than ~3kw I generally recommend just doing it properly and going for 8 gauge. You only need 2500w @ 1 ohm to get 50A of current on the outputs... 10.x volts fo' life!
Guest Posted January 10, 2011 Report Posted January 10, 2011 I wouldnt be to woried about the length of the ground.. Going strait to the batt even if its a huge 4 feet further then the strut tower is going to be better. Plus its a bad idea to have a whole bunch of grounds.. how is it bad to have multiple grounds? iirc Noob on here a while back had like 10 different ground points, all attached to each other, to have the most efficient ground possible I use 0 guage and I have 1200 watts for each sub and I have 2 subs. uhh, would you mind rephrasing that?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.