After market radio in a 06 Trailblazer

The other day I ordered a new head unit, harness and antenna adapter for my 2006 trailblazer. Got the dash out and ran into a couple of problems. First, the wiring harness that said sonic electronix had listed to fit my vehicle doesn't. It is a long flat harness and my stockradio had two bulkier plugs. Second problem I noticed was that there didn't seem to bee a place where my antenna dissconnected from the radio. The cord run out of the back of the radio and up into the dash.

Then I called sonic electronix finally they tell me I need the Metra GMOS01. and the people at Metra say I need LC-GMRC-01. The link at the top of this list both for my application. I do not have On Star or Bose. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

It sounds like the GMOS-01 is the correct cause of the plug style. Cause the GMRC-01 is just a single plug. Could you post a picture of the back of your radio. As for the antenna if it doesn't disconnect from the back of the radio, try following it behind your glove box. You will probably need to drop the glove box down.

2016 Ford Explorer 

2014 Ford F-350 crew cab

2012 Cadillac CTS-V coupe

2008 Lexus GS430

Archived