Sundown Audio

please help... what is with amp prices

toadking90

My personal clamp test of the hfi2500 at 1 ohm true output 1241 watts at 14.1 volts

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

i know all that and posted it. but so at 1 ohm why wouldnt the rms be 1500?

as it says?

Some companies lie to get you to buy there product. Hell, and aq1200 is in the $250 price range, but it can do well over 1500wRMs @ 1ohm...and other companies do this backwards...to make you think the way you are. If it does a solid 1500wRMS, i'd be suprised. But it is a class D, so it might be able to, but I doubt it. I wouldn't put my money on it.

ok so basically your kinda saying how i feel. its cheaper so why would it do 1500 rms? but also on the other hand maybe they are just producing more than they are selling cause its not name brand. idk just trying to get a firmer grasp on the stuff.

only real way to test is too have a different brand tested against the hifi series is the only real way to KNOW fully if its lying or not.

My personal clamp test of the hfi2500 at 1 ohm true output 1241 watts at 14.1 volts

word, and a few clamped the bxi 2600 to do rated.

so i vote hifonics for great budget amps, but if their hifi line !

and i got two bxi 2.6 waiting to beaton some subs !!

ok so the hifi line isnt good from what everyone is saying. but the brutus is better? does the brutus put out the rms as it shows moreso than the hifi does?

yes, brutus does rated power.

lets just not talk about the hifi line, if you want a good budget amp get the brutus/aq/ap

check on ur local craiglist. i got a brutus 1600. for 60 bux !!! got loud on 2 12s, then sold it for 160 lol

ok so the hifi line isnt good from what everyone is saying. but the brutus is better? does the brutus put out the rms as it shows moreso than the hifi does?

yes, brutus does rated power.

lets just not talk about the hifi line, if you want a good budget amp get the brutus/aq/ap

check on ur local craiglist. i got a brutus 1600. for 60 bux !!! got loud on 2 12s, then sold it for 160 lol

i live in memphis and around here nobody cares about what sounds good. i have seen a lot of people buy the sony 2000 amps from wal mart and love it and brag about how their beating down the block and whatnot. i always just shack my head so craigslist is full of cheap cheap stuff.

It truly his. I've had great results with the brutus line up, but the hfi is seriously trash.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?