Sundown Audio

please help... what is with amp prices

toadking90

My personal clamp test of the hfi2500 at 1 ohm true output 1241 watts at 14.1 volts

you might wanna figure out how to account for box rise scooter ;) I have seen some enclosures with 3 ohms rise...

i think I will have to call BS on that.. with out a vid as proof it is a lie... they have to produce within a reasonable range they are CEA rated...

we clamped an HFi2500D last year on an HCCA 12.2 sub that dmm'ed at .8 ohm and after rise we were at 1.3 and we got 55+ volts...thats between 2200 and 2300 rms watts... with almost 270 amps of draw..

pretty dang close to rated in my opinion... good enough for what it cost too... less $$ per watt than most amps..

not in the same league as the BRZ or MBQuart by any means but money well spent nonetheless...

Edited by SicAudio

My god, you again. Please tell me how rise is going to affect daily use, you know...with music. People are so quick to use rise as an excuse when the truth of it is, it means nothing in a daily system playing music. Unless of course you listen to one note nonstop.

And the icing to the cake is you call bull without seeing vids AS YOU THEN MAKE A CLAIK BUT PROVIDE NO VIDEO PROOF. You are truly in love with the hfi line, totally cool with me, but please try being logical and attempt to be smart when forming some type of opinion. I'm far from being the ONLY person who have tested these and been disappointed in their output.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?