Sonic Electronix

yeah i think im going to go with DD on my next build. fi seems to be getting cheaper and cheaper quality

Please explain?

Fi isn't gotten any cheaper or has the quality fell off. So I'm confused.

the quality looks alot cheaper.

whats changed looks wise to you that looks cheaper?

buddy got a recone kit. first we noticed that the weld around the cone was really sloppy like a 12 year old kid did it. and then the coils looked smaller. so idk just think of switching it up to a better built woofer

the coil size never changed...you assumed it did.....Wheres your Degree in Sound engineering so you can tell the rest of us what makes an expensive coil and a cheap coil. I have seen every company including DD have a sloppy looking glue joint here and there. Do you seriously base your whole experience off that glue joint? if so why not just get JL since you cannot see the glue joints at all.

As far as reliability goes, both of these companies are about the same...being that they are very reliable. it just seems your talking out of your ass. if your talking about the Gauge of wire used maybe you should ask someone in the know rather then assume

loll talking out of my ass? no things are being made in a hurry cause of demand. so when demand goes up quality goes down and since FI is readily available, just a click of a button and you can order one. you dont have to have a " degree in sound engineering" to know when shit isnt made consistent

I have fi subs on the regular sent to me with no issues whatsoever...do you?

None of mine exibit any issues whatsoever. Ive had a few dd caps come to me off centered...but i dont come and say quality is down...but then again im smarter then that.

hmm well I'm gonna get chewed for most of this probably but...

dd is higher quality than FI imo, but cost more. DD you have to be carefull who you talk to because some of their reps are straight up jackass's. a 3500 will crush a bl, a btl will beat a 3500 and a 9500 on top of that (excluding the new btls as there is nothing go on with those) my l7's sound great actually you just have to know how to use them and not listen to kicker at all. and yes 99% of the people with subs have absolutely horrible sounding systems. right now that includes me as I'm changing over right now

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.