Jump to content

Need Headunit Help Fast


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey, I have been lurking for a while and now I have a problem and I can't figure it out, so I decided to post. I am working on my subaru legacy stereo and I am having serious troubles. I took out the HU in my 1998 Legacy GT wagon and I am putting in a cutsom JVC headunit. I couldn't get ahold of a scosche wiring harness or similar so I am wiring myself. I am using JVCs wiring diagram and I have all the doors off so I am hooking the correct speakers up to the correct wires. But I still have like 3 left over pins, what do they go to? Also when I reconnect the negative lead on the battery the turnsignals flash, and when I start the car the headunit just comes on temporarily. I put the stock headunit in, and the turn signals still flash but I did not try to turn it on. I checked all the fuses. Is it because I have the door panels off? I doubt it is the left over wires becuase I plugged the stock wiring harness into the stock HU and they still did it. Thanks, I need help fast, my car is all apart and I am running out of day light.

BTW I am into car audio but I am a serious n00b.

nsx is a half million dollar car. cost of US$ 462,400
Posted

Just pulled the JVC headunit out of my Fiero and plugged it into the Subaru and it just said "see you" and went right off, I plugged it back into my car and it worked fine. So its the car not the headunit

nsx is a half million dollar car. cost of US$ 462,400
Posted

Edit, I got the HU to kick on and stay on, could the mods delete my thread? Turns out the previous owned had installed an auxilary CD changer and the shady installers wiring job was to blame. I will post pics of the complete car later.

nsx is a half million dollar car. cost of US$ 462,400
Posted

This is the factory wires for that vehicle hope it helps

Constant 12V+ Red/Green

Switched 12V+ Blue/Yellow

Ground Black

Illumination Red

Dimmer n/a

Antenna Driver's Pillar

Front Speakers 6 1/2" Doors

Left Front (+) Yellow

Left Front (-) Blue/Red

Right Front (+) White

Right Front (-) Blue/Black

Rear Speakers 6 1/2" Rear Doors

Left Rear (+) Yellow/White

Left Rear (-) Blue/Red

Right Rear (+) White/Blue

Right Rear (-) Blue/Black

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Posted

Having some issues again I didn't hook up the constant so the HU keeps losing its settings, I know how to fix that thanks to Roscoes wiring chart, but what about the power antena, anyone know what color that is on the factory harness?

nsx is a half million dollar car. cost of US$ 462,400

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 922 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...