Fixed the issue!!!! FTW!!!!

A fellow member on here had the EXACT problem and EXACT year and model car as me and he just fixed his problem the other day. Turns out that a grommet on a 3 way that connects the PCV and such was missing so it was just sucking air and not being sealed in the intake, well a trip to the parts store and got a new PCV for the heck of it and couple grommets and now the car idles PERFECTLY!

Oh and the check engine light went off! FTW!!!

IMG00048.jpg

IMG00049.jpg

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

There will always be a little bit of oil in your intake, it's blowby and a little bit of oil from the crankcase that gets sucked into the intake via your PCV... unless you run a catch can instead. If there's lot though then it can be a sign of a messed up PCV.

And yeah, vaccuum leak would be giving you a CEL.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

There will always be a little bit of oil in your intake, it's blowby and a little bit of oil from the crankcase that gets sucked into the intake via your PCV... unless you run a catch can instead. If there's lot though then it can be a sign of a messed up PCV.

Thanks boon, yes there was a bit but not a lot, the car is running smooth and perfectly now after a few days. After I fixed this issue the car just wasn't acting right with hesitating and kinda wanting to stall but after being on the highway for a few days seems to have cleared that all up!

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks boon, yes there was a bit but not a lot, the car is running smooth and perfectly now after a few days. After I fixed this issue the car just wasn't acting right with hesitating and kinda wanting to stall but after being on the highway for a few days seems to have cleared that all up!

Also to further expand on this issue which cost me a lot of money before I figured it out. Sometime the whole pcv hose assembly need to be replaced! Especially on older expeditions

2-9518H

Saz4500

Sundown 100.4

Infinity Kappa Components

Mechman 270 Alt

2 XSPower D3100's

2 Runs 1/0

14 Cubes tuned to 30hz

Explain what happened to you. I like to take in any info I can

99 expedition having the same issues you described. Shitty idle like it was trying to choke itself out, Losing gas mileage. Did a scan and got bank 1 and 2 lean codes. Started by Changing all my O2 sensors and still no luck. Then did a pain in the ass tune up which is no joke on the 5.4 in the expo's! It was during this I found 1 dry rotted vac line. Replaced that and problem got slightly better. So replaced the fuel filter next with no luck. I stumbled across a bit of info a little to late online saying with these problems always start at the vac lines! So I got the $35 pcv hose assembly and my expedition has never run better! Very common problem in Expeditions as far as I have read. And Im sure other cars with high mileage! Either way I did a lot of stuff I would have needed to any way. Just not all in 2 weeks!

2-9518H

Saz4500

Sundown 100.4

Infinity Kappa Components

Mechman 270 Alt

2 XSPower D3100's

2 Runs 1/0

14 Cubes tuned to 30hz

Archived