Sonic Electronix

Taking my system to the next level on a budget

Ok, so right now these are my first pair of subs. I've had them for a while now and they're pretty good! I'm using two 12" MTX Audio Terminators (decent but pretty noobish) and a Kenwoof 1800 watt peak power amp. They are pretty good, actually very good for a very tight budget.

Now I've got a bigger budget and want to take it to the next level. I was thinking about possible getting some of these http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.asp?cat_id=4&series_id=31&family_id=9&item_id=108273&locale=en_US&p_status=

or some Fi BL 18"ers

my question is what kind of amp would be good for those?

or if you have a different suggestion for subs that are cheaper or better or whatever, I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks

My build:

2001 Toyota Camry

two 12" Kicker l7 Solo-Barics

Kicker 1500ZX Amp

0-AG Wiring

Pioneer DEH-3300UB Head-Unit

As far as an amp is concerned, you could throw em on an aq2200d, if you have the electrical to support it. Also depends on how many bl's you get

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

what happens when your CD player skips and you accidentally drop a 22 hz sine bomb at an unholy volume on 7-8 year old subs? Mechanical failure floppy sub knockage on at least 2.

well...as i see the level 6 is compared to a lamborghini.....but a corvette?

i was thinking more like a chevy volt. its cute and new and "hip", but i would just rather stick my dick in a blender.........

Don't AQ2200D on the RF.

Fi BL vs RF P1 is a huge range of RMS ratings along with price....A budget would be more helpful.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Don't AQ2200D on the RF.

Fi BL vs RF P1 is a huge range of RMS ratings along with price....A budget would be more helpful.

Yeah, definitely don't put the aq on the p1s. I meant on the bl's. You could also look into the level 3s or level 4s, depending on your budget

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

what happens when your CD player skips and you accidentally drop a 22 hz sine bomb at an unholy volume on 7-8 year old subs? Mechanical failure floppy sub knockage on at least 2.

i was thinking more like a chevy volt. its cute and new and "hip", but i would just rather stick my dick in a blender.........

Alright, nevermind with the bl's

but I'd like something a little better than the rf's if possible. I'm looking to get the subs and amp preferable under $1750ish that would also include a new alternator and batterie(s)

*edit* i just checked out the AQ's they, don't seem a whole lot cheaper than the bl's, what's the difference on their performance?

Edited by Pittcrew

My build:

2001 Toyota Camry

two 12" Kicker l7 Solo-Barics

Kicker 1500ZX Amp

0-AG Wiring

Pioneer DEH-3300UB Head-Unit

Look into the audioque hdc3s, they're beastly. I think it was AMIcustoms that said it, they were meant to crush the air.

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

The hdc3s are rated at 1000 wrms, but if you know what you're doing they can take more than that. I would take the aq's over the lanzars everyday, all day.

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress