Sundown Audio

Amp wont turn on

bokeson

Doesn't sound like a very good place for a ground. Did you sand the paint from under the ground? And I was asking if you used the bass boost on the amp. Never use bass boost at all.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

the ground is on a bolt to the chassis of my car and its been there ever since my first set up with no problems. i tuned my gains by ear, like ive always done.

Did you use bass boost? and where exactly on the "chassis" of the car? The car is a unibody so there isn't a frame.

DId you sand off the paint and use a nut and bolt for the ground?

i used bass boost when i had my friends amp in the car because it had the bass boost knob. and there is a bolt in my trunk that its grounded to

did you make your own ground or attempt to use an existing bolt. redo your ground. clean it off etc.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

the ground is on a bolt to the chassis of my car and its been there ever since my first set up with no problems. i tuned my gains by ear, like ive always done.

Did you use bass boost? and where exactly on the "chassis" of the car? The car is a unibody so there isn't a frame.

i used bass boost when i had my friends amp in the car because it had the bass boost knob. and there is a bolt in my trunk that its grounded to

Bass boost is a very bad thing to use if you have no idea how it works or what it does. It probably was clipping something somewhere. And I understand its on a bolt in the trunk but did you sand the paint out from under the ground??

Rest In Peace mother.

Bass boost is a very bad thing to use if you have no idea how it works or what it does. It probably was clipping something somewhere. And I understand its on a bolt in the trunk but did you sand the paint out from under the ground??

i didnt sand under the bolt so im thinking i should redo my ground and see what happens. and could you explain bass boost to me?

i didnt sand under the bolt so im thinking i should redo my ground and see what happens. and could you explain bass boost to me?

You should redo your ground to the strut tower. And when you ground a amp always sand the area down before you connect it. And bass boost does what it says it boosts the bass but 99.99% of the time it clipps the amp and you will end up blowing the subs or the amp or both in some cases.

Rest In Peace mother.

one time right by my friends battery his wire was fried and you could barely notice it. best buys setup soo i fixed it for him and they worked. just thought i might add something

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang V6

Exterior: Blacked Out Taillights, Turn Signals, Side Markers-Black 18x8 Enkei ls5-6000k HID's

Interior: Blue LED Strips with Module for Music-Hardwired Beltronics RX65 with Blue LED and remote button

Sub: 2 10 inch custom subs

Amp: Hifonics BRz 2600

Wire: Knu 0 gauge

Headunit: Kenwood kiv-bt901

Damplifier: Fatmat Rattletrap

Electrical: Stock Alt/Stock Battery/Big 3

you should try running a wire from the power terminal on the amp to the remote, just to see if it is the power wire that isn't working out. it should turn on. if it does i would look at the remote line you have

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

Archived