Second Skin Audio

Aero ports

just1moreamp

I am doing a new box for to-12'boston-g5-12' and wont to use--pvc-are-aero ports i have two-4'areo ports and 4'pvc. I have 41'wide- 18'tall- 14'deep-thats all outside. subs are boston g512 needs-2cf.ea sub thay say tune to 30/33hz so what do i do with the port i never used PVC--AERO ports before so how long do thay need to be and how many do i need to get the tune right. i am doing subs up port back. thanks for any help with this.

You can use an online box calculator and port calculator to calculate box volume and tuning length for the ports.

You should use 3-4 4" ports in a box that size (4 cubes). General rule is 12-16 square inches or port area per

cubic foot of box. Each 4" port has about 12.5 square inches of area.

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

If there is anyone out there that knows how to and wonts to desigisn me the box with the ports-4'-or-6'ports that i need to get the tune to 30/33hz-- within the-41'wide- 18'tall- 14'deep- subs up ports back let me no i have some cash in papal for you thanks everyone. .idn.shit about building and tuneing a ported box.

If there is anyone out there that knows how to and wonts to desigisn me the box with the ports-4'-or-6'ports that i need to get the tune to 30/33hz-- within the-41'wide- 18'tall- 14'deep- subs up ports back let me no i have some cash in papal for you thanks everyone. .idn.shit about building and tuneing a ported box.

I can get you something set up with a box calculator give me a few. I'm using aeroports for the first time too in my box I'm building currently.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Thanks man this is going in a 99explorer that a friends sun has and i give him the amps and subs and mids-hiend for his b-day he is 17now- we did the install. and i had a box built by the shop that sales boston amps and subs and it was tuned 2high and sounded like shit. the guy at the shop told me thats the box thay need but its tuned in the 40/44hz range. so i am trying to do it right myself and dont no shit about porting a box. so any help would be nice man thanks.

I'm not having any luck if you have to do subs up port back there just isn't enough depth with 14" to get enough port area with an aero port and tuned as low as you want it...if you want to do some port bending it can be done but won't be simple and this is still on the low side of port area maybe someone with some more aero experience can chime in:

Aero.png

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Archived