Them pods look pretty good. Better than mine lol

Okay, so I got the sub done, ready to ship. I took some late pics, but atleast I got to show the coil and spider style/cone used

I used a quad 1ohm 3" 8 layer coil. This fill in the gap alot better than the factory gap or the other coils I had.

This will help get motor force up, and power handling. I stiffened up the suspension to basically two medium stiffness spiders

and dual flat lead

1059623227_photobucket_58114_.jpg

1059623227_photobucket_58116_.jpg

1059623227_photobucket_58118_.jpg

1059623227_photobucket_58122_.jpg

1059623227_photobucket_58126_.jpg

Thanks for sending in a very clean woofer, you did a great job cleaning that spider and surround landing

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Thanks for the update Ken I cant wait to see/hear her!

I used to help Scott @ Onyx re-cone all the time! I did the prep work and got really good at it as the years went on! I just use a red 3m scotch bright roll lock on a drill, takes longer, but always smooth and doesnt gouge the basket!

Thank you again, I know I was a pain in the ass! :D

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Well, I hope the build log has been somewhat informational!

Now I would like your opinions on what 1k-1.5k mono amp to run!

Choices:

1. Sundown 1200

2. Audioque 1200

3. I.D. 1200

4. Zapco Ref. 1100

The sub will either be 1 ohm or 4 ohm and I would like something trustworthy, efficient, and wont break the bank!

If you all have any others that are in that catagory let me know!

Thanks guys/girls

Mike

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Got some more info from Ken about my sub and really excited should be shipped tomorrow!

"Its got a low Fs of 28 but seems to be pretty flat from 22-50hz. Moves very nicely." Those are the man's words himself, I am incredibly excited!!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

SUB IS IN TRANSIT, PICS AS SOON AS I GET BACK FROM MY HONEYMOON!

Like I said slow build lately due to my wedding, but as of this Friday Sept. 23, I will be married, and the income has other options, not the 15k on my wedding and honeymoon!

Thank you Ken for everything, I look forward to enjoying your creation, with what you worked with, I know my needs made things interesting!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Congrats on the wedding man! Good luck.

personally me being a Sundown man id say get the 1200 or 1500D.

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

These KEF's are powerful! Im running off the headunit right now and DAMN, they get loud!

I cant wait to get the amp for the sub, and then the building of the enclosure then sealing off the cab!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Archived