2012-03-20125142.jpg

2012-03-20145930.jpg

2012-03-20154740.jpg

2012-03-20160016.jpg

2012-03-20160024.jpg

2012-03-20162103.jpg

2012-03-20163646.jpg

2012-03-20163627.jpg

Tomorrow I shall get the amps wired in and the panel put on, then start the process of the main outer panels that will hide everything nicely!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Well no pics, but I do have an update. After a couple hours of fighting with the enclosure and amp rack, getting all the amps wired and powered, my doors sound amazing getting real power, but low and behold somewhere between testing and installation one of my Blues tweeters has blown. So I am taking some time away from the build to think things through. The pillars will stay, cause they look so good and I may purchase a set or Morel Piccolos if Ray @ LP is unable to fix my tweeters.

So as of right now, I am gonna stay with the doors and substage and go back to the drawing board with the trunk setup. Even though everything looks good and sits nicely, its a cluster fuck with trying to tune!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

That sucks man, but if it was always easy then we would have all quit after our first prefab boxes lol. Hopefully you can get your tweeter fixed, and good luck on the redesign I'm posted to see how it turns out.

Yeah, after 14 years, its still a pain in the ass, but it keeps me busy and my skills increase every time, so I dont mind, but it sucks when money spent cost even more when something blows up.

The overall redesign is more for simplifying, but I am thinking of building a dual 12 enclosure if I recone my other Onyx LSM, then I will run the Tru Hammer @ 2 ohm and it will push 1000 rms daily, so I should easily be in the 40's on daily tuning.

Right now its in the upper 30's on 600rms low 40's on a 1500rms burp. So add more cone area and almost double daily rms, I should be 40's!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

I am more for SQ/SQL being a family man, but to be in a 140+ daily driven trunk car would be pretty cool!

And doing so with equipment no one really knows of anymore, makes it that much cooler!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

I am more for SQ/SQL being a family man, but to be in a 140+ daily driven trunk car would be pretty cool!

LOL I'm a family man too, I have 4 kids so I have to wall behind my Cpillar hahahaha

Archived