Well, my 6" aeroport is here, and I decided to splurge a little and bought a DD1 today to get the best out of my setup now and in the future!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

• 2 months later...

Amazing build, and I see you upgraded your TV from one of the earlier pics.:) I was always wondering how people attached these things to their doors, and when you said you glassed in some studs to thread bolts onto the back, it finally clicked. Just helped me out a ton.

Glad I could help, thats one of the reasons I take so many pictures and write vivid descriptions of my step by step processes. So anyone can build the same things I do! It just takes patience and time! I have over 50 hours between my doors, pillars, and radio housing, but they are strong and very secure, so they are worth the time!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

On another note, status update on the build!!!

As you have noticed, I havent done much with the system, kinda just letting it sit as is, while I finished my race car for the season!

But I do have some pieces to the puzzle.

I am changing EVERYTHING, except the radio!

Going to run a pair of 10's with PSI recones on the Onyx LSM motor (aka RE SE motor) that will be dual 2 ohm each to run my amp @ 1000 rms!

My front stage will be going to a 3-way full active just looking for amps and best speakers for what I want to spend. Once I get all the equipment, I will be either starting a new build log or just posting in here.

But right now, my main focus is my daughter! She just turned 3 weeks old! So its all about my family and nothing else, but dont think I wont be back, im gonna be doing the next build, FULL BORE!!!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Yeah, I love that reaction from people! If I would stop dumping 1000's of dollars into a race car, I would have a much nicer daily, lol!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

• 4 weeks later...

Well, since I no longer have the race car, money is spent on neccessities and audio! We are looking for a house so build hasnt started, but I did get something for the upcoming build(s).

I am going to be building 2 different setups and which ever is louder is the one I am going to go with!

One set up will be 2 10's and the other a single large 12!

This is the 10

2012-04-11144308.jpg

& this is the 12

2012-07-10112312.jpg

Tuning for both will be 36hz, the 12 will be dual 1 ohm to run 2 ohm daily 1/2 ohm comp, and the 10's will be dual 2 ohm to run 2 ohm daily and 1/2 ohm comp.

I am using my Tru Hammer for daily usage and I am still looking for a 1/2 ohm stable amp to throw about 4k for competition.

The overall goal is to be mid/high 40's on music upper 40's on burps!

I am also picking up a CRX for a full bore build with 2 18's for SPL and a single 12 with 3-way active up front for SQ! This build will be very slow!

I am gonna run Tru amps for SQ on HAT 3-way, and Custom 12 for substage! SPL will be a pair of custom 18's, not sure of amps yet!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

• 3 months later...

Archived