Jeep Grand Cherokee Doors

how did you attach to the door panel afterwords? Its been asked like 3 times but still no response.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

howd you attatch them to the door?

and those look sexy as fuck, gives me a few ideas for mine :)

x2

That step is left out of a vast majority of how-to's of door panels.

I do a couple differnt things.

One is patented so I can't tell you that one....sorry.

I can tell you that I will drill alot of 1/4" holes for the resin and some strands to seep through on the panel. Then from the backside, do a layer of resin and glass and it will attach to the seep throughs and make a sandwich holding it tight.

Then, I use Evercoats Maxim epoxy to blend into the factory panel. Since it is a plastic, it will bite into the door plastic and be yet another strong way to hold everyhting on.

normal_EPICENTERDESIGNS_128.gif

Building The Best.....Repairing The Rest

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer

than the sweetness of that cheap price!

and those look sexy as fuck, gives me a few ideas for mine :)

x2

That step is left out of a vast majority of how-to's of door panels.

I do a couple differnt things.

One is patented so I can't tell you that one....sorry.

I can tell you that I will drill alot of 1/4" holes for the resin and some strands to seep through on the panel. Then from the backside, do a layer of resin and glass and it will attach to the seep throughs and make a sandwich holding it tight.

Then, I use Evercoats Maxim epoxy to blend into the factory panel. Since it is a plastic, it will bite into the door plastic and be yet another strong way to hold everyhting on.

shit looks factory

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

yeah it didnt make much since to me lol >.> and if its patented, how did you get ahold of it? It seems pretty simple, and im sure I know how you did it.. But then again maybe not.

also, how did you wrap that? Seams and curves always throw me off.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

It's probably his patented idea, or his shop's patented process.

And the basic stretching is, imo, something that cant exactly be explained, it's more something you experience.

1999 GMC Suburban SLT
No system planned just yet.

Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.

yeah it didnt make much since to me lol >.> and if its patented, how did you get ahold of it? It seems pretty simple, and im sure I know how you did it.. But then again maybe not.

also, how did you wrap that? Seams and curves always throw me off.

It makes sense.

Try to look closely to this pic..........

pods_combined.jpg

See the whiteish colored dots on the stock part of the door panel under that layer of fiberglass?

Those are 1/4" holes drilled into the plastic. The resin and some fiberglass strands will soak thru the holes.

When the top layer cures, flip it over and do a layer on the backside. It will create a sandwich since fiberglass doesn't bond to plastic good enough to hold on it's on.

As an extra measure, I will use the Evercoat Maxim epoxy to blend it into the stock plastics.

The last step is something I made up. Thats the one I don't wanna share.

I'm willing to help anyone out, but I can't give away everyone of my super secrets. You understand?

It's probably his patented idea, or his shop's patented process.

And the basic stretching is, imo, something that cant exactly be explained, it's more something you experience.

Exactly.

As for the wrapping, 4 way stretch vinyl and a heat gun are your friend. And then you need experience.

if it is a panel I can't get right, then I have a dedicated upholstery shop hook me up. I have limitations.

Archived