Sundown Audio

Line driver needed for 1500D?

Check the voltage at the front battery, if the amp isn't getting more than 12 volts and you play it the volts will probably dip down so low it will shut off. Either your ground isn't correct or something is causing a lot of resistance somewhere.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

Dude, you are making yourself look real bad.

You work at a shop, and is a total noob.

Your the reason local shop get such a bad name. They let idiots work their that shouldn't.

In almost every career, you need to know what your doing to get the job, minus car audio. Any idiot can run wires, and install a cd player and such.

This would be like me being a pilot, when I have no idea how to fly a plane but I've been driving a car for 10 years.

Check the voltage at the front battery, if the amp isn't getting more than 12 volts and you play it the volts will probably dip down so low it will shut off. Either your ground isn't correct or something is causing a lot of resistance somewhere.

That'll work, I'll check it here shortly and get back to you. I have the ground soldered the floor of the truck on bare metal.

Thanks

That'll work, I'll check it here shortly and get back to you. I have the ground soldered the floor of the truck on bare metal.

Thanks

Soldered to the floor? I hope that was a mistype lol...

Rest In Peace mother.

Thanks

It's got a ring terminal clamped an soldered to it an it's screwed to the floor.....Damn fat fingers and crappy Iphone

Edited by devilman

Thanks

It's got a ring terminal clamped an soldered to it an it's screwed to the floor

Try and run that ground to the frame with a nut and bolt. After you grind off the paint where your grounding.

Edited by Rebel4055

Rest In Peace mother.

Use a DMM to trouble-shoot the actual voltage @ the amp on the power and remotes.
Hey, that sounds familiar :drink40:

Oh yeah, it's cause I told him to do that 3 days ago :woot:

First thing I would do is check voltage at the amp...if it just shut off my guess would be either a bad power connection or bad remote connection, possibly even a bad ground connection. So obviously check all your connections at the amp and the other end of said connection too. That would be my guess.

But since he doesn't want to listen I'll just come back for the lul'z :lol:

Dude, you are making yourself look real bad.

You work at a shop, and is a total noob.

Your the reason local shop get such a bad name. They let idiots work their that shouldn't.

I was gonna go off like that early on but I realized that #1, he's not being led by a very good leader and #2, we all had to start somewhere. We didn't just wake up one day and know all we needed to know to be good at installing and troubleshooting car audio. It seems to me the way the shop is being run is not helping the guy really learn car audio so he's stumbling along on his own and learning the hard way. I respect the kid for sticking with it, asking questions and doing it on his own instead of just taking it to his shop and having them figure it out for him.

WTF.gif
Rofl, this kid gets better and better.
:werd_msword:

I hope you're learning from this experience, you're lucky to have a resource like these type of forums to help you with these things cause when I was learning the basics there wasn't anything like this.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Yes I know I sound dumb and should know alot more but all I have to go on is how I've been taught so far, that's why I came on her to learn. I haven't before cuz of all the name calling that happens when you ask "stupid" questions.

I ran the ground threw the floor to the frame on both my amps and the amp is getting between 10.4-11.2v at idle. Tha highs amp is getting tha same voltage but works fine, doesn't shut off. The 1500 is still shutting off. Do yall think I need an upgraded alternator an batteries? and if so what size alt and batteries?

The V at the front batteries is 12

Thanks.

Edited by devilman