Second Skin Audio

some tuning help

D-train-13k

okay ill start off with ive only built two boxes so im new to this.

i have a ford f150 extended cab. with sub and ports firing down to the floor.

i used a cheap tuning calculator i found on the internet. and believed i had tuned my box to 35 Hz, then i went to talk to my buddy about it and he measured the box and the size of the port and it came out to be tuned at 21 and some change so we had to work with the box size so we added two more ports to increase the port area and bring it up to about 34hz. before we did that we tested the sub and it hit fairly hard. so we had high hopes for tuning it to 35hz. expecting it to be a hell of alot louder, it was the complete opposite.

it got a little louder as the sub broke in. but my buddy was stumped and his job is to build oddly shaped boxes. so we figured that plugging the new ports we created would help bring it back. but i just did that today and it was quieter than it was with ports open.

soo.. any advice would be helpful

thanks guys

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

How did you add these ports?

What size subs?

just drilled a hole with a hole saw and used pvc. 2" x 12

we didnt have too much room on the box. its a singe 12" level 3 dc

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Archived